Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 05:33 PM

Re: What about EU Expats?

I sometimes thing it is pointless getting involved in these debates because despite pointing out that the UK have made an unconditional offer to all Europeans as the link to the BBC shows nobody seems to accept it In fact several members on here rubbished it including you Swim.

Having waited for the EU to decide what the British expats position would be Sajit Javid made the offer some weeks ago. The only condition so far as I understand is you must not be a criminal. Anyway here is the link to the report. Anyway since we're still waiting, perhaps someone will be kind enough to tell us what the EU propose.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44553225
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I sometimes thing it is pointless getting involved in these debates because despite pointing out that the UK have made an unconditional offer to all Europeans as the link to the BBC shows nobody seems to accept it In fact several members on here rubbished it including you Swim.

Having waited for the EU to decide what the British expats position would be Sajit Javid made the offer some weeks ago. The only condition so far as I understand is you must not be a criminal. Anyway here is the link to the report. Anyway since we're still waiting, perhaps someone will be kind enough to tell us what the EU propose.

That's easy. Regardless of our generous offer, the EU will offer nothing in return.

All they are interested in doing is trying to punish us for daring to leave their wonderful club.

It must be perfectly clear now that we should offer them absolutely nothing more, as they are not going to reciprocate.

I hope the other countries in the EU, and also countries all over the world, are taking notice of what is going on.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 06:54 PM

Any minute now Italy will dissolve into anarchy or something .
Angela is now losing ground having been the revered chancellor all these years .Hungary never took any notice of EU rules anyway .
France is where danger are -let's face it despite our support to them through two world wars they don't like us.
I can't think what Spain will do is a large amount of their economy is based on British tourism .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->

Hi

Too true I have rubbished it.

It is crap.

Many EU Citizens do not have Passports, they simply have ID Cards, all they needed.

My Prentendies where born here. Jacob was 10 yesterday, Nadi is 9 soon.

They have British Birth Certificates, not Polish ones.

They were born in the UK, Mum is now being asked to prove she was in the UK when they were born.

Both Mum and Dad have been in the UK for years, they pay Tax and NI, always have done.

Who the hell keeps 10 year old Payslips or Bank Statements?

I don't.

Neither do I keep records of my trips in and out of the UK from 10 years ago.

The UK has access to all EU Criminal databases, they simply should not be here.

I cannot cross the Channel without my Criminal Record being scanned.

I cannot fly to Poland or Italy without the same happening, for example.

The UK chooses not to bother with this and just as importantly, chooses not to upload Criminal Convictions here to the EU Databases.

Hence the fact that the Mastermind behind the Paris Terrorist attack could enter and leave the UK without any checks.

You are entitled to your views, I am entitled to mine.

Mine are based on years working for Enforcement Agencies,being given a right kicking by Radical Muslims here in the UK and having my house attacked by them.

Just what is your experience and detailed knowledge of the situation?

The UK has agreed a deal with the EU about Citizens Rights.

Very simple and of benefit to both.

It is quite simply the UK who are making it difficult, not the EU.

It should be a non starter, so so simple to implement.

If the kids were born here, and have been here since birth, just what is the problem?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 07:24 PM

Swims Being born here is no longer a guarantee of British citizenship and hasn't been Since 1983.

One of a child's parents must be a British citizen .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
France is where danger are -let's face it despite our support to them through two world wars they don't like us.
How very true.

France is our 'traditional enemy'. Throughout history, we and the Frogs have been enemies for far longer than we have been (nominal) friends.

Look at the events in 1940, when the Frogs bravely waved their white flags and de Gaulle came scuttling over to Britain begging us to save him.

Oh yes, they were our greatest friends just then, when they needed our help.

Ever since millions of our young men died to save him and his country, he has turned his back on us. He started by insisting that we may not join the Common Market - now that he was good friends with his erstwhile enemy, Germany. How despicable. How can anyone respect someone like that?

Now, they are leading the 'negotiations' by refusing to concede anything to us despite our generous offers: see the posts regarding EU citizens being allowed to remain in the UK; nothing from the other side about UK citizens being allowed to remain in France or other EU nations.

No. There can be no doubt. France is, once again, our traditional enemy. We must never forget about that in the future.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Swims Being born here is no longer a guarantee of British citizenship and hasn't been for some years.
Hi

Yes, I know the Law inside out.

What I cannot understand is why we are making those here legally jump through hoops whilst at the same time doing naff all about illegals.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ever since millions of our young men died to save him and his country, he has turned his back on us.
Just to remind us all of facts......rather than rhetoric.

WW2 fatalities
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->

WW2 fatalities
WW1 was even worse, almost wiped out a generation but certain people (tiny minded ones) will ignore that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-06-2018, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->

WW2 fatalities
Oh, alright. Hundreds of thousands then!

Also: "*The figures for these countries were very different in the three sources"

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top