Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:39 AM

The Chequers Proposal.

Hi

I take a lot of flack, but here goes, once again.

It is a no go.

It relies on the EU accepting that we will control their Borders and collect the Tariffs and VAT that is due to them.

This is simply unacceptable to them Politically.

Can you imagine the outrage if we suggested that France took control of collecting our tariffs and VAT?

There would be riots.

We cannot ask them to do something we would never agree to ourselves.

We have our Red Lines, these mean a simple WTO Trade Deal, nothing more, nothing less.

Good enough for Canada, Japan and South Korea.

We should take it and move on.

Brexit was always going to hurt for a few years, Services were always going to get hit, our biggest Export and our biggest Tax Earner.

Brexit has a cost, we should all share it.

The Triple Lock simply has to go, we should share the pain.

Get Brexit right and the future is good, get it wrong and the future is not good.

We need another Referendum, not on Brexit, but on the stupidity of our Foreign Aid Budget.

It is a total nonsense that we are borrowing to give money to others when we cannot look after our own.

I expect to get trashed, but so what, these are my genuine views.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 04:09 PM

Re: The Chequers Proposal.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
We need another Referendum, not on Brexit, but on the stupidity of our Foreign Aid Budget.
I have been hoping for that for many years.

And after that referendum another one, this time on the unelected House of Lords.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 04:18 PM

Bang on Swims, looks like that's how it will go, but hopefully short term pain for long term gain. I doubt any leaver thought there would be immediate benefit financially, there would always be a price for freedom from the EU shackles.....
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 04:26 PM

Will we "ever" have freedom from the EU Barry ?
I am beginning to doubt especially under May.
Heartbreaking TBH
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Heartbreaking TBH
I've said this before, although I'm sure many won't agree.

Even if strings are pulled by our traitors, and we don't leave, it can't be long before the EU breaks up of its own accord. There are, by all accounts, several anti-EU political parties in some member states and if they are successfully elected, who knows?
After all, they have now seen how the EU dictators behave!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 04:58 PM

Heartbreaking TBH
Hi

We will never be free from the EU.

There is a simple reason for this, if we wish to export to them, we have to meet their standards.

If we wish to export to the USA or Japan we have to meet their standards.

Countries accept our exports of medicines and chemicals because they are EU Certified.

They will no longer be when we leave.

We have to set up our own Certification Bodies and have them Internationally Ratified by the WTO.

This does not take weeks or months, it takes years.

This is what I have been banging on about, our Government have simply not sorted out the details.

The result is that our exporters are setting up companies in the EU to maintain the ability to trade.

The Remainers have got it wrong, there will not be huge job losses here in the UK, the sky will not fall in.

What will happen however is that we will lose tax, it will be payable in the EU, not in the UK.

Less Tax, less money for Pensions and Public Services, more money for the EU Countries.

I am not a Financial Expert by any means, my kids are.

My estranged daughter is currently travelling the World, Business Class, 4 Star Hotels, as a Certified Tax Accountant for a major UK Exporter.

The number of job losses here in the UK will be minimal in her industry, she is however shifting the Tax abroad so they can keep trading.

That is the stupidity of our Government, much of this could have been unnecessary if they had got their finger out.

I have no issue with Brexit, I have an issue with stupidity.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
We will never be free from the EU.

There is a simple reason for this, if we wish to export to them, we have to meet their standards.
I'm sure that we shall EXCEED their standards.

The problem is that THEY may struggle to meet OUR standards!

In which case, the EU will never be free from US.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've said this before, although I'm sure many won't agree.

Even if strings are pulled by our traitors, and we don't leave, it can't be long before the EU breaks up of its own accord. There are, by all accounts, several anti-EU political parties in some member states and if they are successfully elected, who knows?
After all, they have now seen how the EU dictators behave!
That gives me hope.
grin
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-08-2018, 07:33 PM

Will this happen whilst May is still flanging around. I wonder
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-08-2018, 07:49 PM

Will this happen whilst May is still flanging around. I wonder
That's anyone's guess.

To be honest, I'm surprised she's still here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top