Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 09:59 AM

Re: What are you baking today?

Has anyone here,baked a fruit loaf?..the one,where you spread butter on it?
I buy mine from Lidl and freeze them,..I'm sure home made tastes better,any ideas?..I'm sure Meg will have made one and point me in the right direction,..as a few others on here as well!.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 10:28 AM

Ive been making this one with small changes for years https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/tea-loaf I use strong brewed twinnings tea, and dark brown sugar and most importantly it doesn't serve 10, never has I doubt it ever will
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Has anyone here,baked a fruit loaf?..the one,where you spread butter on it?
I buy mine from Lidl and freeze them,..I'm sure home made tastes better,any ideas?..I'm sure Meg will have made one and point me in the right direction,..as a few others on here as well!.
Pauline I have never made a fruit loaf, I tend to prefer savoury and use olives/sun dried tomatoes/ herbs/cheese in my bread.

I have just made my first batch of mincemeat so will be busy with mince pies for the family for the next few weeks then I am going to make a malt loaf which I haven't made before.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ive been making this one with small changes for years https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/tea-loaf I use strong brewed twinnings tea, and dark brown sugar and most importantly it doesn't serve 10, never has I doubt it ever will

Sounds lovely,Julie,I will give it a go and let you know...if it comes out ok.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

21-11-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pauline I have never made a fruit loaf, I tend to prefer savoury and use olives/sun dried tomatoes/ herbs/cheese in my bread.

I have just made my first batch of mincemeat so will be busy with mince pies for the family for the next few weeks then I am going to make a malt loaf which I haven't made before.

Oh yes,I remember you telling me that,sorry Meg,as for those mince pies,I have never made my own mincemeat,my friend does,the taste is soooo much better,...I'm going to make,frangipani mince pies,Nigella Lawsons recipe,...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

21-11-2018, 11:45 AM

The chocolate ganache cake,was made with vegetable oil,so easy to make and stays so moist,I still have a little of it left,a week old now,still as moist,..you can freeze the cake,which I haven't done,I wonder if it tastes as nice,once thawed.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

21-11-2018, 11:46 AM

Realist,I'm sure you have made a fruit loaf?..
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:57 PM

Look good. I don’t mind dried fruit but I really don’t like currents so don’t like that type of fruit bread with the mincemeat but this sounds like something I’d like. I especially like the tea idea. Very interesting.
Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Realist,I'm sure you have made a fruit loaf?..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Look good. I don’t mind dried fruit but I really don’t like currents so don’t like that type of fruit bread with the mincemeat but this sounds like something I’d like. I especially like the tea idea. Very interesting.

You can change it up a bit I made it with chopped dried apricots and soft dried banana bits a few times, that was nice too but soak the fruit in orange juice not tea.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:08 PM

You can change it up a bit I made it with chopped dried apricots and soft dried banana bits a few times, that was nice too but soak the fruit in orange juice not tea.
Yes! It looks like it could be improvised some.
Thanks for the tip. I’m thinking of using dried cherries, cranberries and something else. I’ll add a picture when I’m finished.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top