Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:46 PM

Re: Jacob Rees-Mogg

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Swimmy, Even you, yourself has averted paying taxes, you have admitted it on this forum!
Hi

I am not a Politician,

I have always paid Income Tax, I worked for the Government in one shape or form, always on PAYE.

Inheritance Tax is different.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 07:08 PM

Ruthio, to get back to the point you raised, yes JRM did seem to talk a lot of sense. Too many people, who have never met him or know much about him, are ready to criticize him because he comes from a wealthy background and has found legal ways to avoid paying tax....... yet they would do the same if they had the money and knew how to!

I believe that the leader of this country should talk sense and intend to act on their ideas, and I think JRM would try to do that. I wish I could say the same for many others who would like to be the next PM!

Lets be fair, nobody knows how Brexit will help, or damage, this country but the decision has been made so we should all be making the effort to support, rather than damage our country
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 07:31 PM

Some great replies!

When you say you can't stand the man...have you listened to what he says without actually looking at him?!

As for wealthy, middle class, elitist etc etc what do you think Corbyn is?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Some great replies!

When you say you can't stand the man...have you listened to what he says without actually looking at him?!

As for wealthy, middle class, elitist etc etc what do you think Corbyn is?
Hi

Yes I have listened to him and yes Corbyn is elitist as well.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
He’s a funny looking thing and really belongs to the 1930/40’s era but l quite love him and he talks a lot of sense!
You need to read his fathers books particularly T”Thes Sovereign Individual” to understand JRM’s enthusiasm for Brexit.

Like the other Disaster Capitalists and the billionaires who bankrolled the leave campaign he sees opportunity in the chaos and disorder a hard Brexit will potentially bring.

It’s about more than making money though, it’s also an opportunity to push through controversial policies while citizens are distracted by disasters or upheavals that are inevitably detrimental to the ordinary people

As others have said he is also quite creepy
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
It’s about more than making money though, it’s also an opportunity to push through controversial policies while citizens are distracted by disasters or upheavals that are inevitably detrimental to the ordinary people
Can you specify which policies that JRM has in mind that satisfy this criteria?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Can you specify which policies that JRM has in mind that satisfy this criteria?
I would suggest you read his fathersand other books on Disaster Capitalism.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:37 PM

You can't help but love him
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:42 PM

Somebody has to be PM, and it's not likely to be a working class lad from South Yorkshire. No PM has ever satisfied me completely on every one of their policies, but at the present time JRM comes as near as damn it. He may in the future be an absolute waste of space, but in the present climate I believe he is just what we need, just like Churchill was at the beginning of the second world war.

I do not see how by making money and squirreling it away in some offshore account makes an apeth of difference to his ability to steer us through these difficult times. I didn't vote to come half way out of the EU, and I don't believe that was mentioned in the choices on the ballot paper.

Sure, there are going to be some hard times for a while, but if we had walked away two years ago they would have been behind us now, but here we are back to square one. The only way to quit smoking is to go 'Cold Turkey' and I believe that's what we should have done with the EU, and that's what JRM thinks too.

Jealousy is an ugly trait, and just because JRM comes from a privileged and different world from me and other working class people on here doesn't make him exempt from the job. If not him, who else? Perhaps some working class oink from South Yorkshire who hasn't got a clue about politics and would be ripped apart by the Brussels Wolves....Let's send in our champion, who at least sounds like he knows what he's doing...I for one would be proud to be in Jacob Rees Moggs corner...Rather him than me....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:48 PM

Bloody hell Foxy well said!!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top