Join for free
Page 27 of 38 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 03:24 PM

Re: Prince Philip hurt in car crash,

Woman who broke wrist in Prince Philip crash says he can’t have been dazzled by sun

I wasn't going to pay the Fairweather woman much attention, but she's now elaborating her "story":

Emma Fairweather, 46, who was a passenger in the Kia which collided with the Duke’s Land Rover, said he can’t have been dazzled by the sun as it was ‘overcast’ that day.

Speaking on ITV’s This Morning, she said: ‘I don’t remember it being sunny that day, I would never want to put myself in a position to say the Duke is not being honest. ‘That’s all I can say. That’s not the day that I had. We had complained that the day was miserable and overcast.’

Cradling her injured wrist, she also claimed she has not received any support or a full medical check up in the wake of the accident.

The driver of the Kia, Ellie Townsend, 28, has chosen not to peak to the media and is understood to be shaken by the accident which happened while her nine-month-old baby was in the back of the car.

Emma said she had repeatedly asked for insurance details from Ellie and said: ‘Finally yesterday afternoon I received a very formal email from her husband to share those details with me.’

Emma Fairweather claims she has not been asked to make a police statement – something the police refute

When asked what she hoped for from officials, she said: ‘I think an acknowledgement, not so much any admission of responsibility, but that somebody who would like to talk to me about how difficult this is going to be for me and how difficult it has been already.’

Emma added: ‘Of course accidents happen, but there needs to be a period of reflection on what could be done differently to prevent the same thing happening again. It was highly insensitive and inconsiderate to me.’

Emma also claimed that she has not been asked for a police statement, but a spokesperson from Norfolk Constabulary said arrangements was made on Friday to take a statement from Emma on Tuesday.

In addition, they said numerous attempts had been made to contact Emma, but were unsuccessful.
Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/21/woman...0/?ito=cbshare

It's all about "me, me, me" .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 03:32 PM

She said yesterday that it was overcast.

I also think she should learn when to keep her trap shut.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 03:34 PM

Listening to comments on the radio this morning, even I was surprised to hear the amount of negative comments from listeners towards the Royal family. It appears we all want more to happen here, for him to be held to account in a proper manner ie taken to court and receive a driving ban - hopefully for life. There was only one caller who backed Phil but she was probably a long lost hanger-on relative.

Old Dukey boy is not good at taking advice or criticism, never has been and his arrogance is shocking. He is in a similar league to our beloved T BLiar who still insists on giving his opinion in the media and never listens to public opinion of him; but these people are so far up their own a***holes they couldn't give a toss.

I think this story along with the Markle-debacle has tipped the public's view in favour of abolishing the lot of 'em.

Bring it on I say.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Woman who broke wrist in Prince Philip crash says he can’t have been dazzled by sun

I wasn't going to pay the Fairweather woman much attention, but she's now elaborating her "story":

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/21/woman...0/?ito=cbshare

It's all about "me, me, me" .....
Last Thursday was a very sunny day in West Norfolk, live about 10 miles from Sandringham. Nobody can be naive to expect a personal message from HM or Duke. Getting tedious and media milking it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes she seems to have got her 15 minutes and is running with it, read elsewhere of her trauma and life changing mood changes I can see the crown jewels having to be sold off to pay the court fees at this rate.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
The lady with the broken wrist is sure milking it with the Press.
Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think she should shut up now
Originally Posted by Mups ->
I also think she should learn when to keep her trap shut.
We are not alone:

Viewers blast Prince Philip crash woman for 'milking it' after she appears on This Morning
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...crash-15707669

One said: "I can't believe your giving this woman airtime. She's just wanting her moment of fame and to cash in."

Another said: "This woman is an absolute attention seeker and it’s quite obvious her friend is mortified by her need to sell this story... Shame on you #ThisMorning for giving her this air time."

A third said: "If this lady on #ThisMorning still has medical concerns why is she on tv rather than at her GP or A&E?"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Listening to comments on the radio this morning, even I was surprised to hear the amount of negative comments from listeners towards the Royal family. It appears we all want more to happen here, for him to be held to account in a proper manner ie taken to court and receive a driving ban - hopefully for life. There was only one caller who backed Phil but she was probably a long lost hanger-on relative.

Old Dukey boy is not good at taking advice or criticism, never has been and his arrogance is shocking. He is in a similar league to our beloved T BLiar who still insists on giving his opinion in the media and never listens to public opinion of him; but these people are so far up their own a***holes they couldn't give a toss.

I think this story along with the Markle-debacle has tipped the public's view in favour of abolishing the lot of 'em.

Bring it on I say.
I think that Phil the Greek is a bit too old now (as is Liz) to be worried about any abolition of the monarchy.

In fact, I wonder whether he'd really like that to happen before Charlie-boy takes over!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:43 PM

While I agree that the stupid old fool who caused the accident should not be allowed behind the wheel again - it ain't going to happen.

He will carry on doing exactly what he likes - even if he eventually kills someone.

He is not going to accept that he was in the wrong - because he never does.

He is not going to apologize - because he never does.

However - Ms Featherbrain (or whatever) is really over doing it. She has a broken wrist. Painful and inconvenient - but not life threatening or, as she wants us to believe, life changing. Depending on how bad the break is to begin with - Bones heal in about 6 weeks. She is whining on as though she were crippled for life!

As for sueing - what court would take the case?

She has had her limelight and should now follow her friend's example - and shut up!!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:53 PM

Good post.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

21-01-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Last Thursday was a very sunny day in West Norfolk, live about 10 miles from Sandringham. Nobody can be naive to expect a personal message from HM or Duke. Getting tedious and media milking it.
I thought it may have been sunny because video footage from a car passing the scene of the collision showed what appeared to be sunlight peeking through the trees behind the vehicles .....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Getting tedious and media milking it.
Gossip sells.

Page 27 of 38 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top