Join for free
Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 06:51 AM

Re: Trying to get the Irish on same page

Originally Posted by itsme ->
And lets stop kowtowing to the English nationalist brexiters.

Hi

Hurling insults is counter productive.

It just makes me more determined to Leave.

I am no English nationalist.

Neither am I thick, stupid, under educated or Racist and neither are many who voted to Leave.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Neither am I thick, stupid, under educated or Racist and neither are many who voted to Leave.
It’s the reckless abandon of many leave advocates who seem to be intent on seriously damaging the UK economy that hardens the resolve of those who call for Article 50 to be rescinded.

The decision to invoke the process to leave before formulating a plan and undertaking any necessary preparations is foolhardy beyond belief and it why we are in such a mess.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 10:10 AM

The decision to invoke the process to leave before formulating a plan and undertaking any necessary preparations is foolhardy beyond belief and it why we are in such a mess.

I disagree ... I believe we were asked the question and the nation gave an answer ... parliament then debated and voted to trigger article 50 ... for the hard of hearing that means we are leaving in 2 years time , simple so far ?
So we then had two years to prepare both sides of the Chanel ...

However having Westminster full of remainers and civil servants bent on defying the will of the nation and indeed democracy itself and having the chief remainer as pm we find we have indeed wasted these two years signing up to a deal only a country defeated in war would sign so we place all this farce firmly at the doors of remainers and quite how it will end is anyone’s guess but I get the feeling the fighting has yet to start proper and will possibly divide this country forever , throw in the smokescreen of the Irish problem ( simply fuel on the fire) and who knows what may happen as sooner or later leavers are going to start demanding the uk can’t be held to ransom over an Irish border issue
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 10:45 AM

Everyone on here should remember that Northern Ireland is a gerrymandered entity. Three of Ulster’s 9 counties were shaved off in order to create a Protestant Unionist majority in the North. The Irish border is a U.K. made problem and it is beholding on us to listen to the Irish Republic and work with them rather than just falling back to the old tactic of slagging them off.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Never suggested otherwise, all I did with mmduke was to present some statistics from yougov! a member of the British Polling Council.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 01:24 PM

Should not this hard/soft border issue be sorted out by Dublin and Belfast and not London and Brussels
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Everyone on here should remember that Northern Ireland is a gerrymandered entity. Three of Ulster’s 9 counties were shaved off in order to create a Protestant Unionist majority in the North. The Irish border is a U.K. made problem and it is beholding on us to listen to the Irish Republic and work with them rather than just falling back to the old tactic of slagging them off.

Precisely !!! - another Churchillian balls up !!!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 03:16 PM

I hope Varadkar is going to be happy with the UK controlling everything going in and out of the Republic if there is a hard border.

We would have a lot more border authority than Calais thats for sure.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 12:25 AM

It's all OK. This popped up in my in box.

Unsure
UK
Unsure is male  Unsure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Well if it comes to it then 68,000,000 cannot and will not be held hostage by Ireland .... their choice !!!
How is it their choice?? Sounds like you are advocating being held hostage by Ireland.

I'll try and make this simple for you. Do you want a hard border so we can trade under WTO, control immigrants and stop smugglers OR open border so that we cannot control anything but the Good Friday Agreement is honoured.

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top