Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:10 PM

Re: The EU Keeping the Peace (well, not actually)

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If it was to keep the peace and be a broker then yes. It looks like it failed over here as well. Thanks for pointing it out
Hi

Therein lies the difference between you and me.

I do not want the EU to be poking it's nose into our Internal issues.

They are for us to resolve, not anyone else.

We are a Sovereign Nation, we sort our own issues out and are not to be pressurised by anyone and that is why I voted leave.

I am not having Merkel opening the Borders and then telling us how many she does not want we must take.

Neither am I having an EU Army when Germany has a surplus but refuses to pay what they should into NATO.

The much vaunted Luftwaffe of WW2 cannot even a target at night or in bad weather.

The UK is not here to subsidise German standards of living.

I am not having Macron telling us what our VAT Rates should be, he can sod off and subsidise his own farmers.

Unlike many of you, i have been in the same room as Juncker and have had to keep my mouth shut whilst he was running us down and making jokes about how stupid our Politicians are.

It is not the place of a man in a suit to say anything, I was unelected.

I had to follow the lead of our elected Politicians.

I loathe Juncker with a vengeance, given a chance I would have sliced his balls off.

The Political will was not there.

It still isn't.

We have been given the run around by an aged drunkard.

It annoys me, it really does.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Therein lies the difference between you and me.

I do not want the EU to be poking it's nose into our Internal issues.

They are for us to resolve, not anyone else.

We are a Sovereign Nation, we sort our own issues out and are not to be pressurised by anyone and that is why I voted leave.

I am not having Merkel opening the Borders and then telling us how many she does not want we must take.

Neither am I having an EU Army when Germany has a surplus but refuses to pay what they should into NATO.

The much vaunted Luftwaffe of WW2 cannot even a target at night or in bad weather.

The UK is not here to subsidise German standards of living.

I am not having Macron telling us what our VAT Rates should be, he can sod off and subsidise his own farmers.

Unlike many of you, i have been in the same room as Juncker and have had to keep my mouth shut whilst he was running us down and making jokes about how stupid our Politicians are.

It is not the place of a man in a suit to say anything, I was unelected.

I had to follow the lead of our elected Politicians.

I loathe Juncker with a vengeance, given a chance I would have sliced his balls off.

The Political will was not there.

It still isn't.

We have been given the run around by an aged drunkard.

It annoys me, it really does.
My post was written that way because remain are claiming that the EU are keeping the peace in Europe - which they aren't.

I took this a step further and illustrated the problems in Catalonia, France etc to illustrate further that the EU are nothing like the peace keepers that remain think they are.

The last post to itsme was arguing their point from their point of view

Complicated, I know he ha

I agree with you in my opposition to state rule ,(especially some else's state).

And it goes without saying my loathing of the corrupt sewer of sh1te that is the European Union.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 10:44 AM

My post was written that way because remain are claiming that the EU are keeping the peace in Europe - which they aren't.

I took this a step further and illustrated the problems in Catalonia, France etc to illustrate further that the EU are nothing like the peace keepers that remain think they are.

The last post to itsme was arguing their point from their point of view

Complicated, I know he ha

I agree with you in my opposition to state rule ,(especially some else's state).

And it goes without saying my loathing of the corrupt sewer of sh1te that is the European Union.
I think most rational people who use the word PEACE in relation to the EU as being PEACE between NATIONS and not as you would like to make out, WITHIN those nations.

The brexiters have always countered the fact that the EU has held piece together by saying that it is NATO that has brought this about.
Using you own argument, then it should have been NATO that got involved in France, Catalan, Britain etc

You really don't think things through do you????
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
I think most rational people who use the word PEACE in relation to the EU as being PEACE between NATIONS and not as you would like to make out, WITHIN those nations.

The brexiters have always countered the fact that the EU has held piece together by saying that it is NATO that has brought this about.
Using you own argument, then it should have been NATO that got involved in France, Catalan, Britain etc

You really don't think things through do you????

Well no because no country was at war with the other which is why NATO didn't intervene. Your post doesn't make sense you should look up what NATO does.

Then look at what will happen if the EU leaves NATO and forms it's European army. If Germany invaded Poland (for example) there would be no third country (as a NATO member outside the EU) to intervene. It would be left to have a war with itself.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 11:49 AM

Well no because no country was at war with the other which is why NATO didn't intervene. Your post doesn't make sense you should look up what NATO does.

Then look at what will happen if the EU leaves NATO and forms it's European army. If Germany invaded Poland (for example) there would be no third country (as a NATO member outside the EU) to intervene. It would be left to have a war with itself.

As this forum is about brexit perhaps it would be more prudent for YOU to look up what the EU does.

The EU can't leave NATO as it is not a member. I think that suggests just who needs to brush up on their knowledge.

However, most countries of the EU, with the exception of Austria, Finland, Ireland, Malta and Sweden are members.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 12:07 PM

The EU can't leave NATO as it is not a member. I think that suggests just who needs to brush up on their knowledge.
The EU is a formal partner of NATO, set in stone by the Declaration signed in 2016

https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/...n-factsheet_en

The EU and NATO have undertaken numerous operations together to respond to threats in from other countries.
itsme
Wigan UK

10-02-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The EU is a formal partner of NATO, set in stone by the Declaration signed in 2016

https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/...n-factsheet_en

The EU and NATO have undertaken numerous operations together to respond to threats in from other countries.
As I said, the EU is not a member, they may well be cooperating together but they are not members.

Wriggling again eh? why don't you just admit you cocked up, no shame in that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

10-02-2019, 07:16 PM

As I said, the EU is not a member, they may well be cooperating together but they are not members.

Wriggling again eh? why don't you just admit you cocked up, no shame in that.

The member states are though
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Have you been to the Ukraine?

I have as part of my job.

It is incredibly corrupt, a nightmare.

It is a major supplier of guns and explosives to Muslim terrorists in the EU and UK.

Buying a passport there is a doddle.

Gas is supplied on cost and security of supplies, Ukraine is not secure, the pipeline would be run by their Mafia.

Stop poking Putin and he will stop poking us.

Salisbury was a reaction to Boris and his comments, a reminder of what they can do if they want.
I have to say that I don't see Russia as an enemy.

I have explained my views before, that having been threatened by both Napoleon and Hitler, they need to be strong to prevent anything like that happening again

Hence the need for the Iron Curtain: buffer states in East Europe.

Let's be honest. Has this country ever been threatened with invasion by Russia?

Has Western Europe ever been threatened with invasion by Russia?

If Russia fears anyone, it is America. That is why Russia has developed so many military assets, including nuclear weapons.

As many have said many times: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!

I'd rather trust them than the EU Empire.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

10-02-2019, 11:07 PM

Check out Nord Stream 2

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top