Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Re: EU Fears NO DEAL

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I could go along with that but for one thing: we'll have to pay the EU dictators £39 billion.
Pay them nothing ... just leave
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Pay them nothing ... just leave
But in your scenario, we leave the EU under Mayday's 'agreement', which would involve paying them their ransom demand.

Of course, I'd much prefer walking away and paying nothing, but unfortunately our glorious leaders in Westminster have decided that we cannot do that, even though they'll have a serious price to pay if they ignore our democratic decision.

I, for one, will never vote Conservative again and I know I'm not alone. Of course, I will not vote for the Loonies or the Limp Dems either, so I probably won't bother to vote at all or, perhaps, I'll simply write "none of the above" on my voting slip, so that it will still be counted.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:07 PM

But in your scenario, we leave the EU under Mayday's 'agreement', which would involve paying them their ransom demand.

Of course, I'd much prefer walking away and paying nothing, but unfortunately our glorious leaders in Westminster have decided that we cannot do that, even though they'll have a serious price to pay if they ignore our democratic decision.

I, for one, will never vote Conservative again and I know I'm not alone. Of course, I will not vote for the Loonies or the Limp Dems either, so I probably won't bother to vote at all or, perhaps, I'll simply write "none of the above" on my voting slip, so that it will still be counted.
No we just tear it up.

I agree about the mainstream parties - there is nobody to vote for. Even Chucka and Soubry's The "FOMO" Independent Group are more aligned to the failed Lib Dems who only got 7% of the vote in the General Election than anything else that's "new" and besides, they have a shelf life of about 5 weeks or so because by then we will have left the EU anyway.

May has to go soon after March 29th and be replaced by a pro Brexit PM like Johnson, Mogg, Gove, Redwood, IDS etc etc.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 01:54 PM

No we just tear it up.

I agree about the mainstream parties - there is nobody to vote for. Even Chucka and Soubry's The "FOMO" Independent Group are more aligned to the failed Lib Dems who only got 7% of the vote in the General Election than anything else that's "new" and besides, they have a shelf life of about 5 weeks or so because by then we will have left the EU anyway.

May has to go soon after March 29th and be replaced by a pro Brexit PM like Johnson, Mogg, Gove, Redwood, IDS etc etc.
No. This extract from your proposed procedure:

3. Parliament votes in favour of Mays Withdrawal Agreement
4. We leave on 29th March as planned

suggests that we leave under Mayday's agreement, and that includes paying the EU £39 billion. It's there in writing.

Having paid it to them, or even having promised to pay it, we can't then hang on to it.

Can you explain further exactly what you think would happen under your scenario?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-02-2019, 01:59 PM

It's not paid in a lump sum. We pay say 3 months and then the payments stop
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 01:59 PM

Hi

The £39 Billion.

Half of this we have agreed for formulae to pay as it is money we signed up for.

Like it or lump it, Cameron and Co signed for it, they never expected us to leave.

If we do not pay it will go to International Court.

In the meantime, a refusal to pay an agreed sum which is subject to International Law will mean we are in default.

That will put our borrowings into Junk Bond status and our Interest Payments on our huge debts will cost far more than that.

The other half it, say £20 Billion, really irks me, it could easily have been avoided.

It is only payable because we have asked for a Transition Period and that is entirely down to the utter stupidity and incompetence of our Government.

If we had got our act in order before we triggered Article 50 there was absolutely no need for a Transition Period.

I loathe Junker with a vengeance, the Yorkshireman in me is offended by the thought of giving that prat £20 billion simply because our bunch of idiots did not get their act in order.

Muggins, me and you, will be paying this.

If there was any justice we would seize the assets of the entire Cabinet who voted for such stupidity.

It is a huge amount of money, enough money to solve the NHS problem and get the Police back on the streets.

We have been given the run around by an aging drunkard, which just sums up the total incompetence of our Politicians.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:21 PM

Of course they fear a No Deal, but it makes no difference as our own EU loving establishment are doing the EU's dirty work for them by working against our negotiations.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:24 PM

It's not paid in a lump sum. We pay them over say 3 months and then the payments stop
Hi

We are paying the Withdrawal Agreement half of the payment over years, not months.

We have huge loans from the EU for Infrastructure, including Crossrail, Hospitals ans Schools.

These loans are at very low Interest Rates, paying them off over months is just stupid.

We would have to borrow the money to do this at much higher Interest Rates.

We are one of 28 in the EU, but we get 10% of the Infrastructure loans of the entire EU.

Which hospitals would you stop building?

I keep banging on about this.

Leaving the EU is not about money, there are no savings, it is going to cost us money, not save it.

It is about much more important things.

It is about Merkel opening up the borders and putting us all at risk.

It is about the UK obeying all the Rules, but France and Germany running the EU for their benefit and getting away with breaking every rule in the book.

It is about Junker and Co ruling the roost.

It is about our Democracy and voting.

I can vote against May and Corbyn, I cannot vote against Juncker.

I find this totally wrong, I want no part of it at all.

A Free Trade Area, yes, a political EU, No, absolutely not.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I find this totally wrong, I want no part of it at all.

A Free Trade Area, yes, a political EU, No, absolutely not.
I totally agree

Unfortunately our country was long ago sold down the river to the EU. All our mainstream politicians effectively work for the EU imho. They are not going to allow us to Leave, simple as. We are stuffed.

Only way out of this is some kind of revolution.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 11:07 PM

So this is what those who promote leaving without a deal want for our country

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...heresa-may/amp

If we do leave without a deal and the government analysis is broadly correct, I’d wager that quite a few prominent leavers will be quaking in their boots

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top