Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 11:30 AM

Bercow bollox to Brexit show.

I watched the voting in the HOC last night and did not know whether to laugh or cry.The poison dwarf was calling up amended amendments to amend a previously amended amendment I to amend amendmentH which was to be used to block a previously amended motion.What the hell does all that mean! How do they keep track of all this Whyte?Do these people take themselves seriously?John Cleese could not have done better!How much further can the remainers go with this crap? I am sorry for any typing errors but computer keeps over riding me. Yours in despair. Donkeyman
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 11:57 AM

Re: Bercow bollox to Brexit show.

Please read, study and inwardly digest: "The A, B, C, of Chairmanship" - an excellent little book written by Walter Citrine.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 12:02 PM

John Bercow should have been fired years ago over his sexual harassment claims.

His Mrs is no different .... "Sally the Alley"....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 12:03 PM

Well it all lost me when they started voting against things that are lawful and then started voting against what they had previously spoken for. One man ended the debate trying to persuade them to for it then voted against it himself. I think they've lost the plot and don't understand what it a law cannot be voted down.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well it all lost me when they started voting against things that are lawful and then started voting against what they had previously spoken for. One man ended the debate trying to persuade them to for it then voted against it himself. I think they've lost the plot and don't understand what it a law cannot be voted down.
Stephen Barclay I think and labour voting against their own policy of a second referendum.

What a complete mess
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Please read, study and inwardly digest: "The A, B, C, of Chairmanship" - an excellent little book written by Walter Citrine.
Thanks UJ for the book recommendation l shall look it up on my Kindle . Donkeyman.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:07 PM

Bercow, the Remain loving, Labour-supporting pygmy, doesn't know the first meaning of impartiality. He is an utter embarrassment to Parliament. He is like a boil attached to his little throne that refuses to be lanced.

Only yesterday, he caused uproar in the house when he refused to acknowledge an amendment from Brexit supporting MP's to take a Second Referendum off the table forever. This amendment had the backing of over 100 MP's and the signatures from three different parties. but he chose to ignore it. however, he accepted an amendment from Labour Remainer Caroline Flint to call for a second Referendum - with even less backing her amendment.
Apparently, there was uproar, with MP's standing up and as good as telling him he is breaking century old tradition of impartiality and the good of Parliament. Do you think he cares? The little ........50p in the swearbox.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:12 PM

I watched the whole debate yesterday and found it fascinating.
There was a big row when the amendments were first announced. Mark Francois (leave Tory MP) questioned why an amendment to which he was a signatory along with over 100 people from a number of parties wasn't selected and what was the criteria for selection. Bercow managed to talk his way out of it,he does have the final say .

ETA Sorry to repeat you SG I was posting at the same time as you...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:16 PM

Better than watching kids in a playground, only difference was they were inside.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:25 PM

Hi

I disagree.

House of Commons Rules prevent a Government bringing back a motion that has been defeated.

Bercow has allowed May to bring it back again, been defeated again.

He has the power to stop it being brought back again, he has chosen not to do so.

Why do we consistently blame others , Bercow, the EU, Remainers for the abject failure of May to deliver?

Just compare May with another female PM.

The New Zealand one, intelligent, articulate and brilliant.

May simply refuses to accept anything is her fault.

We deserve better.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top