Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 01:22 PM

Re: Theresa Has Won !

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Seems that there is a lot more than that, that you havn't bothered to find out about.
Maybe itsme,but l still rely on my brain,such as it is, and refuse to rely on Google,but that is another argument. Donkeyman.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Sorry about paragraphs , haven't bothered to find out how to do them yet. Donkeyman.
Yes, good post but it was more like "Bricks Hit" running into that barrage of text!

So, she's "won" what exactly? Are we going to have another vote about the vote about the vote, or will I still be able to but a pint this afternoon of my favourite tipple without it costing a tenner and it being contaminated by Belgian pig droppings?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Press Return/Enter twice at the end of some sentences to create a new line/space between the text.

Don't follow any grammatical instructions laid down by our Aussie `friend`, he's barely literate himself in not knowing that words should be capitalised at the beginning of sentences, after exclamation marks and at the start of new paragraphs.
Thank you Judd for the computer tuition,l do try to practice what l learned at junior school. Regards,Donkeyman.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

16-03-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes, good post but it was more like "Bricks Hit" running into that barrage of text!

So, she's "won" what exactly? Are we going to have another vote about the vote about the vote, or will I still be able to but a pint this afternoon of my favourite tipple without it costing a tenner and it being contaminated by Belgian pig droppings?
By won l meant she had achieved her aims of getting as soft a Brexit as was possible in the circumstances prevailing at the time.l hope , to use a phrase,this clarifies my title for you.Regards.Donkeyman.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:25 PM

Maybe itsme,but l still rely on my brain,such as it is, and refuse to rely on Google,but that is another argument. Donkeyman.
Donkeyman, please don't let criticism of your grammar put you off participating in the threads. I always read them.
Will admit, I never knew that one was meant to start off with a capital letter after putting in an exclamation mark!!. Full stops yes, but not exclamation marks. so there you go. You're definitely not on your own making grammatical errors!! There we go!

I also notice that articles today think nothing of starting a new sentence with the word "And.... etc". When I was in school, this was a definite NO NO. How times change.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:50 PM

Sorry about paragraphs , haven't bothered to find out how to do them yet. Donkeyman.
Donkeyman I have edited some paragraphs into your post to make it easier to read.

Don't worry too much about not knowing how to use paragraphs as I can always edit them in for you if you find it a problem.

Judd's post below is the straightforward way to do it so try following his instructions, you'll soon get the hang of it.
Just click click on the Enter/Return button, then start your new paragraph.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Press Return/Enter twice at the end of some sentences to create a new line/space between the text.
Thank you Judd for posting clear instructions
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Donkeyman I have edited some paragraphs into your post to make it easier to read.

Don't worry too much about not knowing how to use paragraphs as I can always edit them in for you if you find it a problem.

Judd's post below is the straightforward way to do it so try following his instructions, you'll soon get the hang of it.

The old stick's got his good points sometimes hasn't he, Mags.

Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

May I also offer something that is of help for people reading text to make this easier – adding a word space following all punctuation gives definite separation in a similar way paragraph spacing does. Many people do not appreciate subtleties of this nature. However, not everyone has good eyesight and these people do appreciate anything that assists them with being better able to read text on the screen. Admittedly, as a person with a background in words and their usage after a working life in the printing trade, I probably am something of a pedant in this way.

One positive though – Donkeyman's text does not suffer from the use of those appalling spell checkers! Often these simply cannot find the correct spelling for the word in the context it's being used!

Hopefully this is of help to you Donkeyman.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:15 PM

I'm a stickler for grammar and dislike long paragraphs as they are so much harder to read and digest, particularly if the subject matter is complex.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The old stick's got his good points sometimes hasn't he, Mags.

Yes, he’s not too bad Mups, there’s still a spark in him

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top