Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:39 PM

Re: Theresa Has Won !

I have only question - Are we leaving at the end of the month as our 'government' promised we would ???
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have only question - Are we leaving at the end of the month as our 'government' promised we would ???
That's the million dollar question..

I think we will ...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Once again,sorry l thought my post was clear.We will get Theresa's version of Brexit.
Best regards Donkeyman.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Donkeyman, please don't let criticism of your grammar put you off participating in the threads. I always read them.
Will admit, I never knew that one was meant to start off with a capital letter after putting in an exclamation mark!!. Full stops yes, but not exclamation marks. so there you go. You're definitely not on your own making grammatical errors!! There we go!

I also notice that articles today think nothing of starting a new sentence with the word "And.... etc". When I was in school, this was a definite NO NO. How times change.
Thank you SG,don't worry,l am quite enjoying the criticism,it reveals quite a lot about the critics view of life.Thank you also for your corrections on exclamation marks etc.But l was taught that the dot at the bottom of the mark signified a full stop,but l am open to correction. On this.l thank you once more.
Best regards.Donkeyman.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

17-03-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Donkeyman I have edited some paragraphs into your post to make it easier to read.

Don't worry too much about not knowing how to use paragraphs as I can always edit them in for you if you find it a problem.

Judd's post below is the straightforward way to do it so try following his instructions, you'll soon get the hang of it.
Just click click on the Enter/Return button, then start your new paragraph.

Thank you Judd for posting clear instructions
Thank you for that mags,l do know how to use paragraphs,but not on a computer.You are very kind.
Best regards.Donkeyman.PS.Allready following instructions.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Press Return/Enter twice at the end of some sentences to create a new line/space between the text.

Don't follow any grammatical instructions laid down by our Aussie `friend`, he's barely literate himself in not knowing that words should be capitalised at the beginning of sentences, after exclamation marks and at the start of new paragraphs.
never seen those 'rules' officially posted on this web have you??
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

17-03-2019, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
May I also offer something that is of help for people reading text to make this easier – adding a word space following all punctuation gives definite separation in a similar way paragraph spacing does. Many people do not appreciate subtleties of this nature. However, not everyone has good eyesight and these people do appreciate anything that assists them with being better able to read text on the screen. Admittedly, as a person with a background in words and their usage after a working life in the printing trade, I probably am something of a pedant in this way.

One positive though – Donkeyman's text does not suffer from the use of those appalling spell checkers! Often these simply cannot find the correct spelling for the word in the context it's being used!

Hopefully this is of help to you Donkeyman.
Thank you Baz for advice on spacing etc.l will endeavour to follow it.
You are a little pedantic, but at least it is constructive.
Best Regards.Donkeyman.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Hi

Leave on time?

Government have already said that even if she gets her so called deal through we will need an extension to get the necessary legislation in place.

Totally incompetent, the lot of them.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Leave on time?

Government have already said that even if she gets her so called deal through we will need an extension to get the necessary legislation in place.

Totally incompetent, the lot of them.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 03:11 PM

Donkeyman I haven't had a problem reading your post.
Yes it looking increasingly likely that 'May has won ' and no I don't think she did it alone it is a carefully worked out strategy.
Remember the Olly Robbins 'leak' that was overheard in a hotel that it would in the end be 'May's deal, a long extention or no Brexit ? I think even the 'leak' may have been planned. No doubt we will know one day, someone will make a programme about it.

Leaving with 'no deal' would be too unacceptable to many MPs.
I guess this whole episode has all been carefully planned as have any possible permutations of the situation taking into account any amendments.

I don't like 'the deal' but like the prospect of not leaving even less.

My hope now is we leave with a deal and (taking into account the EU have made their point that escaping is almost impossible and we will soon be dealing with a whole new lot of leaders in the EU following the Elections) we manage to work out some mutually favourable agreements.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top