Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 02:44 PM

Re: A short extension to Article 50 likely ( Latest events on leaving the EU March 20th)

It's keeping politicians in jobs when many other people will no doubt be losing theirs. That's the political world all over isn't it? Look after themselves, sod the general public they are meant to be looking after; the people who vote for them. They'll line their pockets while we struggle.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 02:48 PM

Re: A short extension to Article 50 likely ( Latest events on leaving the EU March 20th)

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I am sorry to say l agree with your view Splash.
We appear to be in the hands of the lunatics in the hoc.
Bring Nov 5th forward to 29th March.
WAFU. Donkeyman.
They are just like soldiers, battling on. When all the ammunition is spent, a body count determines the winner. That's the only way the number of caualties count.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
DM in 'The world at 1' Andrea Leadsome confirmed that leaving on 29th May is still the default position .
I mentioned a statutory instrument to delay and I think that too requires a majority vote in parliament .

When the PM replied to the question saying that was up to the EU I took it she ment it depended if they would even grant an extention or agreed to/made other changes to the WA, she was not dismissing the default position of leaving with no deal at the end of the extended period.
As long as the EU hasn't granted an extension, 29th march is end of treaties for the UK. Only after an extension the houses can change the law as regards the date.
German lawyers stated, and juncker/tusk have adopted their view, that an extension cannot exceed 23 may. Otherwise british civilians would be denied the chance to vote for representation in europarliament.
So maybe a six week extension is possible. Remains the question, what for christsakes for?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 03:59 PM

It seems Macron has decided to vote not to allow an extention ...
This is taken from the live feed I posted earlier...
For Macron, it is decided: we must ... refuse to allow the British to postpone the Brexit, scheduled for 29 March. In any case, this is the position he will express on Thursday at the European council.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 04:22 PM

Hi

Theresa May will not change, as I have pointed out before once she gets an idea, she is convinced that she is right and everyone else is wrong.

Brexit was about taking back control, not where we are at the moment having to beg the EU for things.

Every EU Leader has to agree to an extension, some have their own agenda.

I can see her agreeing to give up fisheries , on the QT, just to get one.

I simply do not understand those who continue to believe that we will make a success of Brexit, not with this bunch of idiots we won't.

We have better leaders on here.

Meg, Shroppy, Ruthio, Twinks, Morti etc.

All would have made mincemeat of Juncker and Co.

Instead we have been sold down the river by the bunch we have.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 04:27 PM

Thank you Meg for clarifying, l think speed of forum traffic has
exceeded my speed of response and l have suffered from
overlap.
WAFU. Donkeyman.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 04:29 PM

And to think that I trusted this honourable woman to do a good job.
Just like I thought Blair was the best thing since sliced bread when he first breezed onto the scene.
Just like I thought Corbyn was The Man when he first appeared on the scene.
My trust in myself has gone down the swanee...

Another vote of any kind, referendum, G.E., whatever...doubt if I'll bother to walk the hundred yards to the voting station.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Why did the majority vote to leave the EU? Because they did not want to be told what they should do, who they should trade with and who they should be governed by. The majority voted to sever all ties with the EU.
Unfortunately the PM and her cronies did not agree with the wishes of the people and although appearing to be carrying out their wishes are doing their utmost to keep us in this union.
Democracy in this country is now dead. The countries wishes are being ignored. All these 'deals' that are being put to the people mean we will have some say in the way we run our country but we will still have to abide by rules laid down by others. Half in and half out.
Far better if we leave with no deal. Yes we may suffer hardship for a while but we will win in the end and be our own boss again.
How are these for statistics!
(taken from Facebook Brexit)

EU Referendum results 2016#

(BY VOTES)
17.4M Leave
16.1M Remain

(BY CONSTITUENCY)
406 Leave
242 Remain

(CONSTITUENCY BY PARTY)
Labour - 148 Leave
Labour - 84 Remain
Conservatives - 247 Leave
Conservatives - 80 Remain

(BY REGION)
9 - Leave
3 - Remain

(BY MP)
160 Leave
486 Remain

Brexit isn’t the problem, It’s our MP’s who are the problem. Kick the treacherous bums out!!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Theresa May will not change, as I have pointed out before once she gets an idea, she is convinced that she is right and everyone else is wrong.

Brexit was about taking back control, not where we are at the moment having to beg the EU for things.

Every EU Leader has to agree to an extension, some have their own agenda.

I can see her agreeing to give up fisheries , on the QT, just to get one.

I simply do not understand those who continue to believe that we will make a success of Brexit, not with this bunch of idiots we won't.

We have better leaders on here.

Meg, Shroppy, Ruthio, Twinks, Morti etc.

All would have made mincemeat of Juncker and Co.

Instead we have been sold down the river by the bunch we have.
I have long been worried about fisheries ,swimmy, it hardly ever gets
Mentioned in hoc.
it is very important to UK as if we get back control of it again, it
will enable us to rejuvenate all our neglected coastal regions pretty
Quickly, and l think it is actually imperative.
This shower seem ambivalent on the subject
Regards. Donkeyman.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

20-03-2019, 04:56 PM

Very interesting S G, l wish l had seen these earlier,would have helped
me in arguments.It confirms my beliefs.Thank you.
Best regards, Donkeyman.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top