Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 06:39 AM

The mess we are in.

Hi

The Government have taken out Hundreds of gagging orders.

It is simply impossible for those who are part of the System to say what a complete cock up they have made of Brexit.

They will lose their jobs and pensions.

Contrary to popular belief, many Civil Servants are for Brexit, they are so pissed off with our Politicians for not getting any backing and letting the EU run all over us.

Rightly or wrongly, we are convinced that given the Political support, we could have trashed Juncker and Co.

That support was simply not there.

Cameron went and asked for things that other EU Countries where already doing.

Sod that for a game of marbles, no need to ask, just do it.

Blair, the only one to open the Borders when the EU was enlarged to all.

No other EU Country did this.

We need to change the system, we need to hold our Politicians to account.

My job was to protect you, to have that trashed , by Blair and May is not a good place to be.

To be told to release illegals we find is a complete nonsense.

We would have sent them all back to France in accordance with EU Rules.

We were, and still are , prohibited from doing so, by our Politicians.

This is a complete nonsense.

We are still importing those who consider that the rape of 9 year girls is acceptable.

We are still importing those who think that FGM is acceptable.

We are still importing those who think that it is acceptable to stone my lesbian daughter to death.

We need to dump all our Politicians, they are a complete disaster .

We need to change the system.

Blair is now earning £26 million a year.

Cameron is on £8 Million, May will immediately get £5 million.

We need to change this.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 07:33 AM

Re: The mess we are in.

Those who voted leave effectively handed the Government and Parliament a poison chalice.

As time has shown we do not have the upper hand and the EU have set out their terms which are unacceptable to Parliament and many in the Country

The alternatives are to leave without a deal, racing article 50 or have a second referendum, none of which seem to have a majority support of either Parliament or the people.

There is another option of calling a general election but would that solve anything?

So we come back to those who voted to leave and the myriad of reasons why but no common consensus on how which is why we are in this complete shambles that is destroying this country

It would seem that crashing out, suffering whatever hardship or pain that may brings and then the see how the populace using a general election will determine whether thy want to support a part whose manifesto is to stay out or support party who’s manifesto includes an application to rejoin the EU

Whilst there is little people can do to stop politicians walking into well paid jobs and picking up huge sums for giving speeches there is something they can do about their gold plated pensions
As I’ve said before, if post Brexit times are hard people will look to the 39 billion a year they are paying towards other peoples ( public sector workers) enhanced pensions and say enough is enough. Our contributions to the EU are paltry in comparison
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 10:34 AM

Excellent post Swim, all this nonsense could have been avoided should we have come out of the EU immediately with no deal and then negotiated from outside the EU.

Sure, it would have been hard, but everyone who voted to come out knew the consequences, and by now, three years later, the country would have stood on her own two feet and started to recover. As the advert says: 'We are not an Island, we are part of something much bigger' Meaning the world, not just the exclusive all consuming expensive domain of the EU but free to do business on a worldwide scale.

The EU will keep us poor and helpless and given more time will rule us completely (if it doesn't already through the greed of our politicians) As long as they come out alright bugger the common man, as long as media companies like Sky and the BBC fill our heads with garbage and corrupt the honest working classes with selective propergander we will be kept under control, while the slow insidious take over of the country is complete.

If I have the good fortune to win the lottery I will spend every penny taking the BBC to court for misrepresentation, the word 'British' should not precede their name, they do not represent the majority of the British people and just like the greedy self serving politicians are selling out their country for money.....They are traitors and should be treated as such!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 11:18 AM

Biggest problem with Brexit is those of us voted leave I don't think realised how weak our politicians are or how they prefer to be that way and rely on EU to do their jobs for them. They like having someone they can blame for their mistakes. Eu is convenient.

I do wonder if we had known that would we have voted out.

Personally I think I might have as we have to sort this out and while within EU I can't imagine it happening we had to do this to see how bad things really are in UK politics.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Biggest problem with Brexit is those of us voted leave I don't think realised how weak our politicians are or how they prefer to be that way and rely on EU to do their jobs for them. They like having someone they can blame for their mistakes. Eu is convenient.

I do wonder if we had known that would we have voted out.

Personally I think I might have as we have to sort this out and while within EU I can't imagine it happening we had to do this to see how bad things really are in UK politics.

And you believed all these nut cases without brexiters putting their brain in to gear.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmit...id-it-was-easy
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 11:33 AM

What i don't really understand is the vote was to leave. Irrespective of political views and how individual constituents voted, it is the overall countries vote the politicians must go by. So why don't they put aside all this bickering and get on with the job and leave.

WE should be telling the EU how we intend to leave and the terms , they can take it or leave it. If they don't like it then we hand over £zero and let them worry about the financial loss.

In my humble opinion we need someone like Maggie Thatcher (like her or loathe her) who has the guts to say and do what she intended. Without her we would have lost the Falklands Islands.

For the life of me I don't see any politician willing to put heir head above water and say what they really think or the balls to lead the country. They are all wimps afraid of loosing their £80,000 a year as MP's or whatever they earn before perks.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Excellent post Swim, all this nonsense could have been avoided should we have come out of the EU immediately with no deal and then negotiated from outside the EU.

Sure, it would have been hard, but everyone who voted to come out knew the consequences, and by now, three years later, the country would have stood on her own two feet and started to recover. As the advert says: 'We are not an Island, we are part of something much bigger' Meaning the world, not just the exclusive all consuming expensive domain of the EU but free to do business on a worldwide scale.

The EU will keep us poor and helpless and given more time will rule us completely (if it doesn't already through the greed of our politicians) As long as they come out alright bugger the common man, as long as media companies like Sky and the BBC fill our heads with garbage and corrupt the honest working classes with selective propergander we will be kept under control, while the slow insidious take over of the country is complete.

If I have the good fortune to win the lottery I will spend every penny taking the BBC to court for misrepresentation, the word 'British' should not precede their name, they do not represent the majority of the British people and just like the greedy self serving politicians are selling out their country for money.....They are traitors and should be treated as such!

Changing your tune ogf? it was all going to be so easy wasn't it?

Didn't get to far on the march it seems, unless you've got your lap top with you. Foxy never made it Still good on you for trying, hope your bunions held up to the 2 mile you did.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 11:59 AM

The PM has given leave voters 'the finger' and is determined to get her deal a 3 vote.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->

Changing your tune ogf? it was all going to be so easy wasn't it?

Didn't get to far on the march it seems, unless you've got your lap top with you. Foxy never made it Still good on you for trying, hope your bunions held up to the 2 mile you did.
No itsme, not changing my tune at all, but all those statements were made assuming that the conservative party had elected somebody who could get the job done....Efficiently!

We should have known better than to trust a remainer to handle the negotiations with all this fighting talk about 'Brexit Means Brexit'.....what a load of cobblers!

Loved the walk though, there were quite a few long distance walkers present and we passed the time discussing some of our favourite walks. Unfortunately I could only manage the one section, family commitments and all.

The bunion was singing a bit by the time I reached the sixteen mile mark (thanks for your concern) and I really fancied walking the next stretch on Friday, but it was late by the time I got home, and even later by the time I rustled up some pasta.

I still managed my usual five mile run first thing in the morning though....
I'll be with the marches in spirit...
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
And you believed all these nut cases without brexiters putting their brain in to gear.

As those quotations show, the entire "Leave" campaign was a pack of untruths.

Even by the standards of politics generally it was profoundly and unforgivably misleading.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top