Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 11:11 PM

Why did you join a forum?

I initially joined my first forum, as my Mother was dying of cancer.
It was my way of forgetting my upset, and just having fun.

What were your reasons?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 11:20 PM

Re: Why did you join a forum?

I was invited here at the very start in 2009 by the boss
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I was invited here at the very start in 2009 by the boss
Ah, hand picked Mags.
Was this your first ever forum?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Ah, hand picked Mags.
Was this your first ever forum?
No, I was on Catsey for 6 years before that.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-04-2019, 11:26 PM

No, I was on Catsey for 6 years before that.
So you joined for a chat on your pets?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

21-04-2019, 11:51 PM

Yes, it was mostly about cats and their welfare, health, diet and behaviour etc.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 12:13 AM

I am comparatively recent to the internet and the first forums I used to belong to were exercise and bodybuilding sites whereby I would post similar entries to the ones I currently put on here detailing my workouts. I would also give advice and gain further experience myself in fitness-related topics. I was also on music forums talking about all sorts of topics not just music.

I found being on those sites also saw me contributing the their own general threads which led me on to this site, mainly because I was fed up of some younger people especially on the bodybuilding sites just acting daft and insulting others.
On here we get some of that (and I've been guilty of it myself occasionally) but on the whole it's good to speak with older people who are generally more disciplined and have some actual conversation and knowledge built into them. They have seen a bit of life, in other words.
I'm happy here and it kills the boredom of my night shifts more than any other reason.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-04-2019, 12:14 AM

Yes, it was mostly about cats and their welfare, health, diet and behaviour etc.
I will take a look one day.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-04-2019, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I am comparatively recent to the internet and the first forums I used to belong to were exercise and bodybuilding sites whereby I would post similar entries to the ones I currently put on here detailing my workouts. I would also give advice and gain further experience myself in fitness-related topics. I was also on music forums talking about all sorts of topics not just music.

I found being on those sites also saw me contributing the their own general threads which led me on to this site, mainly because I was fed up of some younger people especially on the bodybuilding sites just acting daft and insulting others.
On here we get some of that (and I've been guilty of it myself occasionally) but on the whole it's good to speak with older people who are generally more disciplined and have some actual conversation and knowledge built into them. They have seen a bit of life, in other words.
I'm happy here and it kills the boredom of my night shifts more than any other reason.
Yes, Floydy, I am happy here, it is like a big family.
I think each, of after joining, carved a little place for them.
I go through phases, music then photos, then lots of threads. I used to misread posts, now I have learnt, it is not easy sometimes.
Some just like the games sections, some debate.
It is a rich and varied forum, but easy to negotiate.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Yes, Floydy, I am happy here, it is like a big family.
I think each, of after joining, carved a little place for them.
I go through phases, music then photos, then lots of threads. I used to misread posts, now I have learnt, it is not easy sometimes.
Some just like the games sections, some debate.
It is a rich and varied forum, but easy to negotiate.
I do find that a bit weird. Why some people spend all day just posting things about "post a word which has the middle two letters "er"" and so on. How boring is that, and who is really that bothered? And they never go in any other threads with real conversation either.
Each to...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top