Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 11:16 PM

Re: Irritating Ads

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Great, thanks for that Dex....I have to try to sleep with that going round in my head now!
Don't forget the little endorsement from Esther Rantzen, Pixie
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They are all at it Baz. There is a lot of so called CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) which promotes world causes but also increases profits. The public are taken in by companies telling them how to eat healthily or that drinking their beer will protect sea lions.

I hate all forms of Wokevertising.
Advertising has always been about increasing profits but the way it's gone today is nothing like it used to be. Has anyone noticed there is just a split second 'gap' between television advertisements? There used to be a definite gap, often some kind of effect between them, especially a few years' ago. Now I expect someone had noticed that second or two gap, added all those up and realised so many £ thousands revenue is being lost so now the advertisements almost run on into each other.

Advertising used to be very clever but I believe now it's just down to the usual greed seen everywhere today.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 11:41 PM

Maybe my memory is at fault, but I'm sure there used to be just 2 ad breaks in an hour program, instead of the current 3.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Maybe my memory is at fault, but I'm sure there used to be just 2 ad breaks in an hour program, instead of the current 3.
I've often noticed there's a break for advertisements after only the first six or seven minutes of a programme. Now there are many more advertisements in each break too. Also if 'channel hopping' the advertisement breaks seem to be timed to coincide with other channels. The cynic in me seems to be saying that's deliberate, to make 'channel hopping' hardly worthwhile.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

22-06-2021, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I've often noticed there's a break for advertisements after only the first six or seven minutes of a programme. Now there are many more advertisements in each break too. Also if 'channel hopping' the advertisement breaks seem to be timed to coincide with other channels. The cynic in me seems to be saying that's deliberate, to make 'channel hopping' hardly worthwhile.
It's an interesting point. I think it might be even more technical than that, since no matter what time I turn my tv on, it always coincides with ads.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 06:02 AM

Or Jason King.
Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Looked him up as I didn't know who he was, but NO! Not with that hair
He did smell great (apparently)
Ah - Peter Wyngarde - he was, briefly, a member of York Repertory Company (c.1949/50) - and occasionally acted as baby-sitter for my brother and I. Mother was theatre mad - half York Rep ended up in our house at various times.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ah - Peter Wyngarde - he was, briefly, a member of York Repertory Company (c.1949/50) - and occasionally acted as baby-sitter for my brother and I. Mother was theatre mad - half York Rep ended up in our house at various times.
My sister once passed him in the street, he actually said “ oh hello” in his trademark department s voice
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:18 AM

Gambling

Erectile disfunction

Funeral plans

Baz46

22-06-2021, 08:24 AM

Equity release advertisements – what a rip-off!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Gambling

Erectile disfunction

Funeral plans

Hi

If you have a gambling habit and erectile disfunction, perhaps you need a funeral plan.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top