Join for free
Page 10 of 27 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 11:02 PM

Re: World War II

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yet you can't provide undeniable proof.
Well I've given a starting point - why not use it to find the evidence for yourself?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well I've given a starting point - why not use it to find the evidence for yourself?
I have no wish to spend my time attempting to find evidence to support your assertions!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Now that really is nonsense. I guess you read too much soviet propaganda. It's demonstrated by many of your posts and views.
No, it's factual. Bear in mind that I have family in Russia that I keep in contact with, same with Germany and Poland. Not all of our family went to the camps. As a result both my wife and myself have learned a great deal about events from people who lived through what was taking place but sadly most are now dead.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-04-2021, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have no wish to spend my time attempting to find evidence to support your assertions!
Fine! Then just accept it as factual. Because actually it is.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 11:12 PM

No, it's factual. Bear in mind that I have family in Russia that I keep in contact with, same with Germany and Poland. Not all of our family went to the camps. As a result both my wife and myself have learned a great deal about events from people who lived through what was taking place but sadly most are now dead.
Many in Russia still believe the propaganda. It was very well done.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 11:16 PM

Fine! Then just accept it as factual. Because actually it is.
Factual? Prove it!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Stalin is up there with killing more people than Hitler.
Err, not entirely. Stalin and the Soviet government was facing internal revolution. What was done had to be done.
WHAT WAS DONE, HAD TO BE DONE ????
Good God, man. The enslavement of tens of millions upon tens of millions of Stalin's own countrymen who were worked to death in the frozen wastelands of Siberia. Had to be done ???

When people who think like that are running lose in our countries, I fear for our countries. God help us if someone like A.T. should ever come to power.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
WHAT WAS DONE, HAD TO BE DONE ????
Good God, man. The enslavement of tens of millions upon tens of millions of Stalin's own countrymen who were worked to death in the frozen wastelands of Siberia. Had to be done ???

When people who think like that are running lose in our countries, I fear for our countries. God help us if someone like A.T. should ever come to power.
Just demonstrates the power of propaganda. People were starving but believed in their leader. Go figure! A warning from history.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:07 AM

Well, once again we have gotten far off track. may I suggest that we stay with the topic of WW2 ? Please? I doubt that Tabby has much in Stalin's gulags.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

09-04-2021, 04:51 AM

Stalin's gulags were part of WWII as well. Red army soldiers captured as POWs by the Germans ended up there if they were not shot as spies on return to the USSR. Britain repatriated Russian soldiers back to Stalin's hands after the war. Not sure how many survived.

Page 10 of 27 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top