Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 08:50 PM

Dentures

I've got a loose tooth and I reckon when it falls out I may be needing partial dentures.
I absolutely dread it as there's nobody I know who is comfortable with them. My friend has some but doesn't wear them because she says they make her gag. My hubby has some but the bottom set hurt him so he only puts them in to eat and then takes them out again.

I wondered if anyone on here have full or partial dentures and are you happy with them?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 08:59 PM

Re: Dentures

I also have a friend on this forum who has recently had partial dentures.
Hopefully she may let me know how she's getting on with them.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I also have a friend on this forum who has recently had partial dentures.
Hopefully she may let me know how she's getting on with them.
I ate the first meal on that day trip with you and i didnt enjoy the meal ,because of them ..
I take them out now to eat ,i dont gag as much as i did the first week .
They fit pretty good when i do have them in ,and my daughter said i sound better when i talk , but i do stumble over pronouncing some words and it gets a bit embarassing when im asked to repeat ..

it was a little funny while i was with my grandchildren , youngest one aged 3 kept telling me to put my teeth in ,he didnt like to see me without ..

edit to say ....mines on a plate not wired ,, if you have sturdy teeth for wires to go on it might be better
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 09:30 PM

My wife has a full top set for nearly thirty years now and never had any problems with them, she has them in all the time and only takes them out to clean them.
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 09:36 PM

I have a full top denture too. No problems whatsoever - no need for any 'fixative'.

The only thing I'm wary of is biting into an apple - have to be ladylike and cut it into pieces !!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 10:02 PM

Face ache

Stop me if I have mentioned this b4, a while back my wife and me had tterrible hheadaches ,we laughed & laughed when we realised we were wearing each others dentures. It's easily done because we keep them in the same glass of water
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by AliceB ->
I have a full top denture too. No problems whatsoever - no need for any 'fixative'.

The only thing I'm wary of is biting into an apple - have to be ladylike and cut it into pieces !!
The missus has no problem with apples Alice, just bites straight into them and to hell with the ladylike,
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 03:08 AM

Carol, read this and, if you search other items regarding teeth, read Eliza's comments as well.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ighlight=Teeth

You can NOT bite into apples with dentures, no matter what adverts you may see on TV, nor a grand piece of steak, or a burger, like you used to.

I have found that my eating habits had to change, and fixadents don't do a good job so, instead of enjoying chomping down on things, I now have to cut food down into small bits to enjoy them.

Personally, I won't be seen by anyone without my top teeth these days as I'm too embarrased, but that's just my own pride in myself.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 05:15 AM

I have one bridging tooth which, to all intents and purposes, is just like a natural tooth.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 09:01 AM

Reading with interest these posts as I don't have dentures but know
people who do.
Then read Roberts piece and nearly split my sides
Robert that is so funny.

My neighbour just had a new bridge made for her and that hurt when
she was wearing them. She has just had cancer treatment so the Dentist
said it could be that He did say he would alter them for her

Thinking of false teeth always reminds me of my parents.
My Mum was frightened of needles and would not have a filling.
When she was 42 and needed 8 fillings she went and had all of her
teeth out with gas. My Dad carried her home from the surgery.
My Dad then went and had all his teeth out and they were both
only 42
It was a good lesson for myself and my 3 siblings. We all have no
false teeth and are in our 60's and 70's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top