Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:49 AM

The Reassembler

I watched James May's programme, 9-00pm on BBC4; The Reassembler
He takes machines that have been dismantled right back to their original, individual components, down to the last nut & bolt, and rebuilds them
Last night was a lawnmower; tonight it's a telephone; tomorrow an electric guitar.
And there's no fancy camerawork or other silliness, just a straightforward presentation
I thought it was quite good, if you like that sort of thing

moderator - perhaps you might transfer this to a new thread?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:55 AM

Re: The Reassembler

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I watched James May's programme, 9-00pm on BBC4; The Reassembler
He takes machines that have been dismantled right back to their original, individual components, down to the last nut & bolt, and rebuilds them
Last night was a lawnmower; tonight it's a telephone; tomorrow an electric guitar.
And there's no fancy camerawork or other silliness, just a straightforward presentation
I thought it was quite good, if you like that sort of thing

moderator - perhaps you might transfer this to a new thread?
Awesome Zuludog! One for tonight, but I might have to record it, wifes a bit of a NCIS/Law and Order freak! And women get priority with the remote don't they......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:49 PM

Reminds me of myself as a boy. I was always dismantling my toys then rebuilding them in my quest to understand how they worked. I still tend to take things apart now but end up with more left over screws than I used to.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:18 PM

I saw the lawnmower last night. Missed tonights, watching a crimewatch type thingy.

Really nice to watch ..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Reminds me of myself as a boy. I was always dismantling my toys then rebuilding them in my quest to understand how they worked. I still tend to take things apart now but end up with more left over screws than I used to.
Welcome to the club Longdogs, it has been this curiosity that has led me to become an engineer and dismantle and examine any electrical/mechanical item in view of discovering it's secrets. Even though I am now retired I still feel a pang of excitement as I dismantle and study complex items, sometimes with expensive results. I can't imagine getting through a day without a project to occupy my mind.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-04-2016, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I saw the lawnmower last night. Missed tonights, watching a crimewatch type thingy.

Really nice to watch ..
Recorded tonights dismantling Cass, If you'd like to pop round should you be in the area....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 09:17 AM

I normally like watching Captain Slow in anything he does, but there have been many other shows clashing and I've had to record most. I can't keep up some nights...

My Sky box is down to 43% because of stuff waiting to be transferred to DVDs, and new shows recorded this week, one of which is Jurassic World.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Welcome to the club Longdogs, it has been this curiosity that has led me to become an engineer and dismantle and examine any electrical/mechanical item in view of discovering it's secrets. Even though I am now retired I still feel a pang of excitement as I dismantle and study complex items, sometimes with expensive results. I can't imagine getting through a day without a project to occupy my mind.
Interesting that I became a graphic designer and not an engineer like your good self. I must have been a nightmare for my parents, everything they bought me ended up in bits.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top