Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 04:56 AM

Has Oakshott breached the OSA

Whilst freedom of the press is an important principle, journalists cannot be above the law

There can be no public interest in leaking or publishing diplomatic data that compromises the integrity of both our diplomatic service and our country

Both the Mole the journalist, editor and owner of the newspaper who published the leak need to be tried in a court of law else we open Pandora’s box
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 06:56 AM

Re: Has Oakshott breached the OSA

Now why woulld you say that?

Hmmmm..........Let me think?

Your morals, Your principles ,perhaps?

I don't think so.

It's simply a political stance based on the fact that Oakshott is a free thinking Brexiteer and has a Right wing political viewpoint and you are a Leaver with a dictatorial liberal lefty
political viewpoint .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 08:23 AM

As a journalist Oakshott did the right thing - I doubt very much a journalist would sign the OSA anyway... it would be very career limiting
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 08:36 AM

Hi

The person who gave them to her most definitely breached the OSA, unless of course it was a Politician who did so.

Civil Servant should be instantly dismissed, loss of pension and prosecution

If she paid for them she is also liable..

There is a world of difference between whistle blowing in the Public Interest and a Political Stunt.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 08:52 AM

There is also a difference between the public interest and the national interest, and it definitely wasn't in the national interest to publish...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
There is also a difference between the public interest and the national interest, and it definitely wasn't in the national interest to publish...
I disagree. When a British diplomat is behaving inappropriately or incompetently and is getting away with it then it is in the public interest for it to be made known in order that the tw@ can be shown up before any real damage is done.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The person who gave them to her most definitely breached the OSA, unless of course it was a Politician who did so.

Civil Servant should be instantly dismissed, loss of pension and prosecution

If she paid for them she is also liable..

There is a world of difference between whistle blowing in the Public Interest and a Political Stunt.
I really can't agree with loss of pension. That would be the same as requiring that salary should be repaid.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I really can't agree with loss of pension. That would be the same as requiring that salary should be repaid.
How about life imprisonment in lieu of pension and/or
repaying salary Todgy, then the culprit is looked after by
the state for the rest of his life? Sounds compassionate
enough to me?

Regards Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

16-07-2019, 09:29 AM

Before the latest work related pension legislation kicked in the contract of employment must include details of remuneration and when that included a pension then the pension was a deferred part of the remuneration.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I disagree. When a British diplomat is behaving inappropriately or incompetently and is getting away with it then it is in the public interest for it to be made known in order that the tw@ can be shown up before any real damage is done.
And how was he behaving inappropriately or incompetently?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top