Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 02:00 PM

Leave/Remain Irritations.

A question for both Leave and Remain posters.

Now that we have seen the last (hopefully) of the stagnation of our Parliament by Remain MP’s trying to stop Brexit for the last 3.½ years, I was just thinking back to the many soundbites that became a favourite with both sides, especially when they vied with each other in front of the media.

The same mantra during those years that really annoyed and irritated me from Remainers were:

‘Crashing out’ and ‘Leavers didn’t know what they were voting for’,

Whether you are a Leave or Remain supporter, what were the oft-spoken word, slogan or party soundbite from the opposing side, that really used to annoy you?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 02:36 PM

Re: Leave/Remain Irritations.

Brexit Means Brexit
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 02:39 PM

Good one Bread, Another of my bugbears - 'Strong & Stable Government'. Really Theresa?

UGH!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 02:41 PM

Just one word............Breggsit................arrrrrgggh hhh there is no ruddy G in BreXit it's an X dammit. Roarrrrr.........*and breathe Queenie*
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 03:36 PM

£350m a week to the NHS

Get Brexit Done
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 03:44 PM

No deal is better than a bad deal - I still live in hope of this one.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 04:05 PM

The thing that really annoys me about the Brexit debate is that 3 1/2 years ago there was a referendum in which everyone could vote. 'Tho not a landside the result was pretty clear and even 'tho I voted to remain I obviously accepted the result.

But about 300 of the 600 odd MP's in parliament didn't accept the result.

Now remember it's your taxes which pay the MP's salaries, they work for you not the other way round. Yet many of them ignored you, (happy to take your money) and procrastinated and fudged and generally made a mess of the democratic decision of the people of the UK for not weeks or months but YEARS. Businesses small, medium, and large have been completey sabotarged by not knowing how to plan for the future. Any business can work around known rules but if the rules are NOT known they can't do so and it has cost jobs, investment, and God knows what else.

If your boss asked you to complete a project in 6 months and you didn't you might get an extension, but if you had not completed it in one year he (or she) would call you in to the office and hand you a P45 and say "You've failed, goodbye"

But there's no way (except one) that you can sack an MP once elected.

In two days there will be the ONLY chance to sack your MP for deliberate delay and arrogance and ignoring a democratic referendum decsion.

So just give them the chop if they failed to implement the Brexit vote, if you do not your taxes will be paying them for another five years
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 04:11 PM

Driving over a Brexit cliff edge

An extreme Brexit

A Tory Brexit

etc
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 04:22 PM

Hi

We can have our cake and eat it.

Oven ready Brexit.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

10-12-2019, 04:36 PM

Latest irritation for me ''Dither and Delay'' and ''Let's get Brexit done''.

Also, that pinhead Corbyn and ''I have a dossier here that proves that the Conservative Party's aim is to sell off the NHS to the USA''.

Grrr, someone please hit him over the head with his dossier, please!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top