Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-03-2013, 08:24 PM

Re: Key to any successful relationship

Originally Posted by Rossignol ->
Forgiveness....none of us are perfect it helps to respect that with each other. Of course nothing beats saying I love you and meaning it
Of course one should never say those three words if you don't mean it. I tell my kids I love them all the time, although I don't go in for too many hugs and kisses as I find that embarrassing.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

23-03-2013, 08:47 PM

no breaking away from clinging families!
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
does 'stepping out of you safe zone" means stepping away from family too?
I have always sought to find a way through problems, communication without accusations is key.
However what I found was that if you stop being the peacemaker, the placator those who are unhappy move away. That happened in my family and still sad but it was their choice.

Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-03-2013, 10:12 AM

I think apologising when one screws up is important, especially to one's kids. Some parents, certainly of the older generation, think it demeaning to admit to being in the wrong. My Mother believed she was ALWAYS in the right, however wrong she was!
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

24-03-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by SOUL DJ ->
I have always sought to find a way through problems, communication without accusations is key.
However what I found was that if you stop being the peacemaker, the placator those who are unhappy move away. That happened in my family and still sad but it was their choice.

don't they have a habit of coming back again sometimes?

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top