Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 11:43 AM

A letter to David "CONMAN" Cameron "You worry me"

I got this in an e mail today and thought I would share!
To David Cameron (Prime Minister) & Ed Milliband (Leader of the Opposition) ...

You BOTH Worry me ! ( In fact both of your Political parties worry the hell out of me !!!)

Over the last three years, I find myself becoming more and more fearful of the pair of you, and between you, you are turning this country into a place that I no longer feel at home in, or feel a part of! I watch you in parliament, and no, not just the two of you, but every politician that I see, stand up in parliament sneering at each other, and acting like children !!! (..and if you were my children, I would be ashamed of you all ... What an example to set!)

Although you would like us all to believe that you are putting the needs of this country at the forefront, NEITHER of you are doing that, you seem more interested in "one-up-manship ", in scoring off each other, & denigrating each other, to the detriment of this country & its people !!! It seems to be all about YOU as individuals, and not about what you can DO for this country !
It is fast becoming a place that I do not recognize, as the place I always thought, was the best place in the world to be !!! But no longer !!!

You are not listening to the people of this country !!!
I am watching the deterioration of living standards in this country, (and according to you, on a world stage we are doing better than most countries ... REALLY ???) ... And yet the gap is widening between the "haves" and the "have-nots" . I see our homeless on the streets, our hospitals under-funded, and understaffed, our health system is an absolute mess and a disgrace ... And yet I see multi-millions of dollars being sent offshore, in aid to other countries, before attending to this country's needs !

I see the "selling off of water rights to foreign interests, WHY...? Especially when you go to great lengths to tell us that water is a finite resource, & supposedly, we must ALL be careful with how we use it, so that we ensure we have it for the future ? A Carbon Tax,( which you KNOW is just another tax ) which will make NO appreciable difference, to carbon emissions, AT ALL!
A tax, which in spite of all your arguments FOR it, you are doing alone, when other major countries will NOT & DO NOT embrace it, or believe in it !

All that it will do for this country is put working families and small businesses behind the eight ball, .....what planet are you on, if you think that the tax we must pay will make even a scrap of difference to the effect of the carbon tax on people? Anyone can see the holes in that argument !!! Do you really think we are that dumb ???

Let's talk about Multiculturalism ......People have come here from other countries, for a better life, for more years than I have been alive ( I am 72 years old !)

Pre & Post war immigrants came for a better life, and settled in and became wonderful contributors to this country, ... All have contributed to the rich diversity of this country, and some descendants have even fought FOR this country, and they have become U.K.citizens and were glad to be ...and they had NO handouts from our Government either, ...they worked hard for everything!
I have never before had a problem with all, or any, race of immigrants coming here. However, I DO NOW !!!

Please tell me why we have areas in towns and on large estates all over the country, where police do NOT, & will NOT go, for fear of their life ?
Please tell me why we can no longer have religion in schools for fear of "OFFENDING" someone ? (The latest little gem is that they are not having or being funded, for chaplains any more, but Counsellors!)
Please tell me why religious Christmas observances are no longer allowed in some schools for fear of OFFENDING someone ? Please tell me HOW Christmas decorations in some stores might OFFEND someone ? Please tell me why we have to have segregated days in some swimming centres for fear of "OFFENDING" someone ? Please tell me why we have some RADICAL clerics demanding Sharia Law in this country when if we were in THEIR country, this would NEVER be allowed? Please tell me why our laws need to be changed, so as not to OFFEND someone ? Please tell me why we are fast becoming a MINORITY voice, in our own country, because of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS ? Please tell me WHY Britons cannot legally wear a bike helmet covering their head in a bank and yet it is ok to wear a Burqa which covers the whole of the face ? And please tell me WHY, when those people who want asylum here can wreck our detention centres and STILL be accepted here ?

What does that say about just who and what are this government's priorities ?
The British people that I speak to have genuine concerns about becoming a second class minority in our own country, and the reasons for it are some of the above. Are you so blind that you cannot see this ? And no, I am NOT racist !!! If I did not like Catholics or Protestants would I be considered racist ? Of course not!

Why is it, that if we object to what is happening in our country we are immediately labelled RACIST, in an attempt to shut us up ?

We are fighting Radical Muslims in Afghanistan & Iraq , are we not ? I hear you say, yes but the Muslims we have here are "Not like that " . Well how would we know ? Do we hear ANY of them coming out & speaking AGAINST radicals ? I haven't, have you ? Islam is not compatible with ANY of the values that we hold here in Britain ! Are not the experiences of France and the Netherlands a examples of that? Why do you think it would be any different here ? We even have a British born "radical ", whose message is that Britain WILL become a Muslim country, under Sharia Law, & that we had "better get used to it ".

Will both of you grow some backbone and start sticking up for this country and its people ? We are the people who put you where you are and PAY you to look after our interests ! And you are NOT doing that by any stretch of the imagination !!! I would appreciate an answer from both of you, if only to convince me that once again I am not talking to a brick wall !
In case it has escaped both of you I would like to remind you that, in the U.K. Government is FOR THE PEOPLE ... OF THE PEOPLE ... & BY THE PEOPLE ... Never forget that because you sure have up till now !

Let us get this out to all - please keep forwarding and if you have people in the press or if you know Politicians - let them know we are dis-satisfied with their behaviour !
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

01-03-2013, 12:02 PM

Re: A letter to David "CONMAN" Cameron "You worry me"

Try living in some others countries of this world, Syria, for instance, then you might really have something to complain about! No our politicians are not perfect by any means, but they aren't that bad either!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 12:08 PM

Most of the accusations in that can be levelled very clearly and accurately towards Labour's long stint in office; Britain hardly turned into Paradise on Earth on their watch did it. In fact, I remember a certain Mr Brown both as Chancellor and PM giving away many of our countries assets over and over again and bending down to the EU with signing away many of our rights and even more of our money.

Most politicians are crap and until the British stand up to them and refuse to vote en masse or in the by-elections vote in the most loony independents, nothing will change.

I should have added that Mr Brown sold most of our water rights to the Australians.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Can't pick fault with your post Elbee. But I would say that all polititians lie through their back teeth.
My mum's nurse was black, her parents came over in the 50's. She moaned about the state of the country and wanted a stop put on immigration.
She was quite worried that we had opened our doors to too many radicals and were happy to support them!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Can't pick fault with your post Elbee. But I would say that all polititians lie through their back teeth.
My mum's nurse was black, her parents came over in the 50's. She moaned about the state of the country and wanted a stop put on immigration.
She was quite worried that we had opened our doors to too many radicals and were happy to support them!
That reminded me of a time when I was staying with a friend in the NE of England. A man came to the house to carry out some work and I was taking a cup of tea out to him. Not sure of his nationality but I think he may have been Egyptian or something so I started chatting to him about his job and he hooked a thumb over his shoulder and said 'do you see them working a few doors up?'. I said yes, I could see them. He then said 'bloody Poles, what's the government playing at letting them in and taking the jobs of the British. It's about time this immigration was brought under control. Bloody Poles'. I did manage to hide the smile until I was back inside.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 01:04 PM

Maggie Thatcher has a lot to answer for - she left the country in a dire state and Labour did their best! Now the Toe-rags are in again, they are going back to what it was like before Labour came to power!

That's only my opinion!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

01-03-2013, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Maggie Thatcher has a lot to answer for - she left the country in a dire state and Labour did their best! Now the Toe-rags are in again, they are going back to what it was like before Labour came to power!

That's only my opinion!
What did Labour do that was good before and after Thatcher?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
That reminded me of a time when I was staying with a friend in the NE of England. A man came to the house to carry out some work and I was taking a cup of tea out to him. Not sure of his nationality but I think he may have been Egyptian or something so I started chatting to him about his job and he hooked a thumb over his shoulder and said 'do you see them working a few doors up?'. I said yes, I could see them. He then said 'bloody Poles, what's the government playing at letting them in and taking the jobs of the British. It's about time this immigration was brought under control. Bloody Poles'.
My next door neighbour is of Pakistani origin and he runs his own building company (from his council house which goes against our local authority's regulations but that's another story). When he first moved in about 12 years ago, all his workers were Sikhs as he claimed they were both cheaper than native English workers and more conscientious. Now, everyone he employs are Eastern Europeans - mostly Albanians and Kossovans - as although he likes the Polish work ethic, they are (for him) too expensive.

I don't blame immigrants for wanting to come to the UK - given the economies they are coming from it makes perfect sense for them. I blame successive governments, particularly Blair's Labour government for running an Open Door policy on immigration. In my part of London, indigenous English people are now very much in the minority - something which will accelerate rapidly over the next few years as the immigrant communities with Islamic cultures are having more children per family than are the indigenous white community or the more long standing black and asian communities. Some of our secondary schools now have well over 80% Asian pupils.

To be worried about this situation is not racist, it is completely natural. Our country has been changed out of all recognition by successive political regimes - and we have never been given the opportunity to have a say about it. At least UKIP, despite their massive shortcomings, are now giving the British people an opportunity to stick two fingers up at the political establishment and say loudly, "WE AIN'T HAPPY!"
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Most politicians are crap and until the British stand up to them and refuse to vote en masse or in the by-elections vote in the most loony independents, nothing will change.
That's exactly what is needed ben, a change in this daft "traditional" voting in this country.

Not quite sure about the second part - "vote in the most loony independents", or are you saying NOT to vote them in?

Perhaps you'd clarify that.

I was a Labour supporter for many years but post-Blair / Brown I've no faith in them now and the Conservatives are still showing all the signs of being a party mainly for maintaining the rich, no matter what Mr Cameron himself (a Millionaire!) might personally think.

What galls me though is that I'm perfectly capable of making up my own mind about other political parties but the spin put out by each party's supporters in the media regularly denounce UKIP as a racist party for example, akin to the BNP!
Shows that the big parties are actually worried about losing support to me!! stevmk2
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

01-03-2013, 02:16 PM

If UKIP was ever the party in power then the moaners would really have something to complain about!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top