Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 02:20 PM

Re: Where's the saving to the tax payer?

Ah that's OK then, for one horrified moment I thought you meant it ! They do seem to forget we are human people and just because we are in social housing doesn't mean we don't work just as hard as others, and need an affordable home to live in.

Myself I would be building far more social housing it could get this country moving again because people always spend when they move into a new home. I don't understand the predudice against prefab homes and static caravan/mobile homes. They would make cheaper easier to build affordable homes for many.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2013, 09:39 PM

This is one of the worst things this awful government has ever come up with...and they've done some nasty things in the past.

The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 03:27 PM

Council houses should never be a home for life anway. They should be given for 5 years to give people a start in life and after that you are on your own. It would discourage people to have kids they can't afford and would help all young people starting out whether they have kids or not. The current system is totally wrong.

And for those who say people can't afford to rent or buy thats rubbish. No-one helped me. I went out to work as did my husband and we were able to get a mortgage and buy. So everyone else can do the same. Trouble today is that everyone wants it easy.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 04:38 PM

We have never earned enough to buy ! And rents are way above what we could afford around here.

Worked all our lives with exception of 9 months when my husband was recovering from a stroke.

He works 3 jobs one full time and two part time, all manual jobs, I do 3 part time that make up a normal full time hours job. All manual too.

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean we all can.

And the idea of chucking people out after their start in life is ludicrous, many people go into social housing later after they have started and had a set back such as illness or unemployment etc.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

And the idea of chucking people out after their start in life is ludicrous, many people go into social housing later after they have started and had a set back such as illness or unemployment etc.
And many people have kids they know they can't afford knowing they will get a council house for life. Its wrong and it penalises young people who still need help but have decided either not to have kids or to have them later when their finances are stronger. I hate the current system.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-03-2013, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
And many people have kids they know they can't afford knowing they will get a council house for life. Its wrong and it penalises young people who still need help but have decided either not to have kids or to have them later when their finances are stronger. I hate the current system.
I agree but I wouldn't want to be the person to tell a couple they may not have a family, that while not a human right IMO is something that it could be argued should be.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 09:52 AM

Val darlin' - the politics of envy ill-becomes you. There are many reasons why people need to resort to 'social housing', and there are many more reasons why they cannot subsequently move on. Attacking those who happen, through their own circumstances, to need 'social housing, and demonising them is creating an atmosphere of hate which ultimately will lead to physical violence.
The Dog Lover
Watford

13-03-2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree but I wouldn't want to be the person to tell a couple they may not have a family, that while not a human right IMO is something that it could be argued should be.
Sorry but that is absolute rubbish. If you can't afford children then you shouldn't have them end of story. Don't expect others to fund it you need to be able to afford it yourself or don't have them. It is not mandatory and it is not a right.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 12:33 PM

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish. If you can't afford children then you shouldn't have them end of story. Don't expect others to fund it you need to be able to afford it yourself or don't have them. It is not mandatory and it is not a right.
Wrong Val darlin' - its enshrined in the Human Rights Act 1999.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-03-2013, 12:33 PM

But following that logic would mean we run out of people who will do the manual jobs of the future. If you have to be able to afford children they will only be born to middle class families and I can't anyone being content to do the cleaning and building and shop work etc that those of us who in this wonderful world you want would not be breeding.

We would be importing everything or having to allow immigration on huge scales even compared to today.

Really is a bigger picture you are missing completely.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top