Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 12:39 PM

Re: Where's the saving to the tax payer?

Rubbish again but we won't agree so I am leaving this topic now. I am delighted that I have no kids and I have never lived in social housing. No-one has given me handouts though I have done it all myself. On your basis you should breed like rabbits and expect the state to fund it. Thats probably why this country is in the mess it is.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Rubbish again but we won't agree so I am leaving this topic now. I am delighted that I have no kids and I have never lived in social housing. No-one has given me handouts though I have done it all myself. On your basis you should breed like rabbits and expect the state to fund it. Thats probably why this country is in the mess it is.
Yes Val darlin' - you're all right jack, pull up the ladder, but I resent bitterly your looking down your nose at those of us who are not as well off as you, but do also have a social conscience too and are trying to improve things for everyone.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 01:02 PM

I have never had children of my own either but still need social housing unless all the people making money out of housing allow the housing market to return to a point that people on NMW can afford to rent or buy we will always as a nation need social housing.

And saying rubbish is a terrible way to debate a point !
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 04:16 PM

I didn't think it was a good Idea, then I thought if they taxed private dwellings with more bedrooms than they need, it would make sure the rich would pay as well, making it a fairer tax.
It might be a good way of getting DC out of number 10, and GO out of number 11, don't forget they have other homes.
Job done for the Lib/Dems, their mansion tax they crave.
Pigs might fly!!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...tax?CMP=twt_gu
I can't see any savings being made if that is the cost of moving to smaller accommodation because of the bedroom tax.
Actually, this is a bit of a one-sided argument because, if you really think about it, it can save the Tax payer money because many Councils are forced to put people in Council-funded private accommodation because of the lack of ANY Council accommodation!

Getting potential Council Tenants out of expensive private accommodation into less expensive Council accommodation WILL save the Tax payer money, despite the fact that those being coerced into downsizing are finding their new rents higher, because it's still usually a fair bit lower than private accommodation costs.

However, there is to my mind a serious downside as I've seen two elderly family relatives moved from "expensive", Council 2-bed accommodation into single occupancy accommodation in the past 12 years and in both cases they died within months of moving.

Moving is very stressful for anyone but when you get older losing everything that you've been familiar with for many years is just too much of a shock.

What's needed is more compassion by Councils in these cases but that's as likely as a cut in Taxes. stevmk2
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 08:36 PM

As I see it this problem arises out of the rapidly expanding population of this country .and immigrants having large family's .. reduce immigration .reduce the problem ..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
As I see it this problem arises out of the rapidly expanding population of this country .and immigrants having large family's .. reduce immigration .reduce the problem ..
John matey, that's far too simplistic an answer, what of those immigrants legally already here??? - or are you advocating forced repatriation of those too???
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 09:41 AM

Most of London Birmingham .Bradford .and other large city's are around 50% migrant ,and all we do in this country is hold our hands up and say we haven't enough houses, so we build more just for the rapidly expanding population. then more immigrants arrive so we build more . so that doesn't work so they want to move people out of there houses. houses some people have lived in all there lives.. I think it disgusting that government think more of immigrants than they do of British people
tomcat
Bristol uk

19-03-2013, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
John matey, that's far too simplistic an answer, what of those immigrants legally already here??? - or are you advocating forced repatriation of those too???
There is no need for most of these people to be here. there is a shortfall of 250.000 places for schools I think it better if we come out of the EU and become a trading partner.tear up the Human Rights and sort our country out for the British people.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-03-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
There is no need for most of these people to be here. there is a shortfall of 250.000 places for schools I think it better if we come out of the EU and become a trading partner.tear up the Human Rights and sort our country out for the British people.
And just who precisely do we say SEIG HEIL to???

I and other members of my family have fought long and hard to defeat fascism including pitched battles just so that EVERYONE, whatever their racial origin could walk safely around their neighbourhood without fear of abuse and racial hatred that you seem to be portraying.

Incidentally, the shortfall in housing is NOT due to the fact that the Councils are building them to allow immigrants to use, but that the Councils HAVEN'T been building sufficient affordable housing for some years because central government have starved them of the finances to do so and wouldn't allow these councils to utilise the money they received from the sale of previous council houses to invest in and build more.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top