Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 02:16 PM

Re: Community living

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Hey Bags - after a lot of your posts there is an 0......
Whats that about gal - a little trait of yours - just curious..
Its my smiley face who is winking ;0)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Ah....heres one from me...
Here - I dont get this french lark with you Bags - I mean the french language - its all 'greek' to me..
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

15-03-2013, 02:33 PM

Community living would be AWFUL, imo.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Ah....heres one from me...
Here - I dont get this french lark with you Bags - I mean the french language - its all 'greek' to me..
I speak a little french but when talking to the old farmer next door ...its all greek to me too..... ;0)
I use to to make my smileys many years ago when using a typing machine In fact I think I probally invented them... long before computers
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 04:36 PM

Good one
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 07:31 PM

I like the idea of a family community myself, especially a group of small homes together. Right now we are 3 generations in a 4 bedroom house: me, my daughter and her husband, and my 2 yr old grandson. It's fine so far (I moved here Dec. 1), but if it could be managed some day, I would prefer a granny flat separate from the main house.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

15-03-2013, 07:51 PM

My maternal Grandma used to live with us, when I was a child, but the house was large enough for her to have her own apartment, which included a kitchen. I loved her to pieces and would seek sanctuary when I was in the deep proverbial, which was more often than not! She didn't get on with my father, although they sometimes were in agreement about my mother's failings!

I don't think it wise for grandparents to be in such close proximity at it can lead to strife.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
My maternal Grandma used to live with us, when I was a child, but the house was large enough for her to have her own apartment, which included a kitchen. I loved her to pieces and would seek sanctuary when I was in the deep proverbial, which was more often than not! She didn't get on with my father, although they sometimes were in agreement about my mother's failings!

I don't think it wise for grandparents to be in such close proximity at it can lead to strife.
Perhaps one day I'll have my own place again but for now I'm grateful for a roof over my head. I don't speak up about my son-in-law but I see problems and worry a bit for my daughter. I do my bit to take the stress of household chores off her when my energy levels are high enough.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 08:57 AM

It could work provided you ARE a close loving and supportive family. The few large families I know all seem to be at each other's throats though with bickering and in-fighting, but in theory it's a splendid idea.
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 09:19 AM

YES! I would love to do this! The practicalities are that we all work in different areas and live where we work.

I would buy that property and have older members of my family join me but we need the younger ones to help!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top