Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 02:17 PM

Another Kick in the Teeth.

While David Cameron and his Merry Men are busy kicking the poor I see they have awarded themselves another nice wee perk. They make me sick each and every last one of them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ond-homes.html
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 05:10 PM

Re: Another Kick in the Teeth.

Yet those "ordinary" folk with 2nd homes, I believe, have no to pay for them! Bloody ridiculous!

The government calling the kettle black!

Thanks for the link, Roxy!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 05:42 PM

And all the while taking housing benefits from those deemed to have a spare bedroom. I hope they can sleep nights in either of their beds knowing that some don't have a bed at all.

The entire lot make me sick.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 08:04 PM

History has shown us that these are the first people to say "What did we do wrong?" when the people turn on them and get rid of them, they don't live in the real world and once they and their little circle are protected from any hardship then everything is OK, they really make me want to puke the arrogance of them all.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 11:22 PM

Most of us in this sector have pretty good lives, the side effect of which is tolerance of overpaid, over sanctioned middle class tw@ts, it is a side effect of maintaining the mainstreams lifestyles.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 08:47 AM

Alright people, there seems to be enough of 'us' and other people that we all know who are, to say the least, well dischuffed with this useless Government, so, the question is: WHEN DO WE START THE REVOLUTION???
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 08:50 AM

The problem with a revolution is knowing that there is a viable alternative and as that is Labour, you'd just be swapping the frying pan for the fire.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
The problem with a revolution is knowing that there is a viable alternative and as that is Labour, you'd just be swapping the frying pan for the fire.
No Karen darlin' 'New Labour' are too m uch like old Tory. Besides which, it's no good swopping one set of thieves and replacing them with another bunch of incompetents. What we need to do is to change the system of Government entirely - Guy Fawkes Mk II !!!

Firstly, we need a TRULY democratic system, so Members of Parliament, once elected, will be DELEGATES and not REPRESENTATIVES as happens now. They will NOT be allowed to vote on matters as they think they should but will be MANDATED to vote as their own constituents demand. This would seriously weaken the system of 'Party politics' and end the two party monopoly on parliament.

We also need a fully elected second chamber, so the abolition of privelege by the destruction of the House of Lords and its replacement with a fully elected second chamber.

With the abolition of the House of Lords, we no longer need a monarch either. The 'Head of State' can be replaced with a directly elected President. All the 'pomp and ceremony' associated with Mrs Windsor can be left so the tourists can still see it, but the country will be properly governed from Parliament.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
we no longer need a monarch either. The 'Head of State' can be replaced with a directly elected President.

Ooooo lovely

Tony Blair ?
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 12:11 PM

I have no love for the Tories as they have ripped my life apart

2 months ago..my council discovered because of incorrect information they had received from the Job centre they had overpaid my council tax benefit...so, and i quote the agents words "sorry but we have to CLAW it back ...they have decided that i was overpaid £500 meaning they want that back plus the underpayment in Council tax ...I have offered instalments but they have refused and said i would get a summons and court action against me and it would be up to the court...Ok i have secured the money ( by cashing in my retirement pension) but this week they have sent me another bill for next year ..they have suspended our benefit totally and want another £125 a month ....I get £130 pension my wife earns £600 a month wages so they want 1/6th of our income a month i still have the mortgage to find gas water electric food ....they told me that because of the new regulations everyone has to pay now ... it now looks like i will be in court then prison and then on the streets ...Scameron doesn't care ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top