Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 06:45 PM

Re: The Budget

Will never understand how it got to this. We are small compared to other countries, yet others countries have strict guidelines and entry is 'not' easy. We could 'see' we were easy game - how could polititians let this happen to us - How could they 'miss' such an obvious outcome and 'why' did they not nip it in the bud... Always throwing our hands up in disbelief !
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 06:49 PM

I think you will find its the same in many countries, Here In Norway we are having the same problems, and it is very difficult for Norwegian people to accept, as they are such a trusting nation, and this of course is playing into the hands of these people. i suppose one thing we have in our favour is that with our road system, there is virtually no deviation from the main trunk roads that can be used as a short cut or to avoid the police, also a ferry network for crossing fjords, so most of these idiots find themselves facing the police and wondering why. The disadvantage is that we have a small police force and a large country.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Will never understand how it got to this. We are small compared to other countries, yet others countries have strict guidelines and entry is 'not' easy. We could 'see' we were easy game - how could polititians let this happen to us - How could they 'miss' such an obvious outcome and 'why' did they not nip it in the bud... Always throwing our hands up in disbelief !
The explanation and answer to your question lies with that stupid woman - Margaret Hilda, who signed the Single European Market treaty allowing for the free flow of goods, capital and labour across the whole of the European Union borders without hindrance. That was the trigger to allow other european nationals to come here. In addition, those european nations who butted onto African nations also allowed immigrants into their territory (Spain & Italy) and access across their territory for people seeking 'political asylum' to cross the channel instead, as international law demands, those seeking political asylum, must do so in the first country they enter.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 07:06 PM

Yes Joe - I tend to have voluntary amnesia where she is concerned, only way to preserve my sanity !
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 07:58 PM

Spot on Uncle Joe. We have no choice about the flow of people coming in. My word what foresight she had.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Its amazing just how many bad things have been associated with Margaret Thatcher. If people stop and read ALL the things she implemented, they may find that she did a lot of good for the U K. If she was as bad as seems to be made out , how did she and her Government get voted back in so many times, and also She was the longest serving Prime Minister. In 2011 she was recorded by the British Public as being the most Competent british Prime Minister for 30 years! so she must have done many things right for the British Public to say that about a Prime Minister
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Its amazing just how many bad things have been associated with Margaret Thatcher. If people stop and read ALL the things she implemented, they may find that she did a lot of good for the U K. If she was as bad as seems to be made out , how did she and her Government get voted back in so many times, and also She was the longest serving Prime Minister. In 2011 she was recorded by the British Public as being the most Competent british Prime Minister for 30 years! so she must have done many things right for the British Public to say that about a Prime Minister
Only by the lemmings who repeatedly voted Tory, notwithstanding the evidence before their eyes that she destroyed our manufacturing industries, as well as the coal mines, squandered £millions in sending the 'gun boats' 8000 miles into the South Atlantic to wrest back a bunch of tiny islands which are of no strategic use to us anyway.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 10:43 AM

Don't be fooled by what you read Graham, she ruined this country, she went out to destroy all our engineering jobs etc, now we are terribly short of skilled labour.
The rich we're getting products from abroad for peanuts, and selling them to us with huge profits, that is what ruined the UK.
She only got in because she was a woman!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2013, 11:48 AM

I believe that Arfa - even I thought 'she' would be OK, a woman afterall. but - was she - I have my doubts
Selling off the council houses and flats, but 'not' replacing them or, allowing the councils to spend the money on new housing - madness !
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2013, 12:14 PM

The problem with Maggie, I think, was that she became a tyrant and wouldn't listen to anyone or take advice, even from within her own party. Being a woman was secondary and I don't think it made much difference that she was a female - it was the personality that ended up distorted by power - she thought she was invincible and her party recognised her flaws were a handicap, got fed up with her and so out she went.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top