Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 02:15 PM

U K Gas runing out

Does anyone know what this is about, we have some here if anyone wants it
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 03:10 PM

Re: U K Gas runing out

It was on the news today that the reserves were running low but a spokesman said that there was no danger of running out of gas.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Latest BBC news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21897715
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
How much are you charging for it and how soon can you bring it over
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 08:28 PM

The pump broke, so they increased the price by 50%, my fingers nearly broke off from the cold working in the shed, can I add on 50% to the job, not on your nelly, any excuse to cash in on this long winter.
We could do with some of it Norway, it's 36 euro for a bottle of gas here at the moment, that's the short fat bottle not the tall thin one.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
How much are you charging for it and how soon can you bring it over
Just have to get the pipe over there
Norway
i

22-03-2013, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
The pump broke, so they increased the price by 50%, my fingers nearly broke off from the cold working in the shed, can I add on 50% to the job, not on your nelly, any excuse to cash in on this long winter.
We could do with some of it Norway, it's 36 euro for a bottle of gas here at the moment, that's the short fat bottle not the tall thin one.
Could you use Guinness, im sure its combustible?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It was on the news today that the reserves were running low but a spokesman said that there was no danger of running out of gas.
That is reassuring, someone you have never met or known, telling you everything is O.K, hooray for the spokesperson (for the P.C crowd), or was it just a talking head?.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 12:45 AM

Ha, a mere bagatelle... we've got far more! Mind you we are shipping it to China like there is no tomorrow.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 09:53 AM

UK gas production has been declining since 2001 and we have been importing at an increasing rate since that time. Deregulation of the industry has meant there is very little spent on storage facilities, which are very expensive to build, nor has there been the investment to improve or reinforce the existing network to cope with demand and growth.

That said, a lot of industries can be turned off on peak demands as a lot have oil/electric as an alternative. There used to be scenarios played out where it was possible to forecast the consequences of sudden drop in supply (either due to mecanical breakdown/sabotage/terrorist activity) and much of the current network was designed to maintain integrety if such an even occur.

However, there are now attempts to extract or synthesis Natural Gas as a product of decomposition of organic matter which can be cleaned and delivered to the local network and/or given to a power station for green electricity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top