Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 08:52 PM

Re: Have the British ever come to terms with the weather?

Originally Posted by spinner ->
Side-stepping air-conditioning jacksees

I would like to say that the British will never come to terms with the weather because the weather is not willing to come to terms with us!
Like this spinner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1oLypjTKns
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
And what would jack have to say about that! Pats - ask him first, it's the only decent thing to do
...Great reply - cant top that
Goodnight gal x
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
...Great reply - cant top that
Goodnight gal x
Goodnight Pats - catch up with tomorrow x
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
[or are they just miserable all the time?

but there must be many around the nation who cannot afford this and languish in the cold - how many still die each year from hypothermia?

for many years the ozzies survived WITHOUT aircon - now they cannot. Central heating in this country should be a govt priority for all and the cheapest rates possible .

Rubbish, I have never had air con - a well designed house doesn't need it and I certainly don't need central heating just a jumper.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 08:38 AM

The wind yesterday was so strong and so cold. I have never seen such miserable birds hanging on in the trees. Even some swans on a lake had their heads down on their back poor thing. Must have been 30 mph at some times yesterday. It was drought and over 20 degrees this time last year and now is -7 at night and snow and cold wind. Just lets hope we have a reverse of weather and have a great Summer with some Sun instead of 179 days of rain like last year.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
The way the weathers going - we will need air conditioning too in the summer - only the last few years we've endured humidity, its awful. I would love an air conditioner - nowhere to stick me hose tho'...
Reverse cycle air con heats in the winter and cools in the summer with the same unit. My daughter has it in her house in Canberra - now if you want a bad climate that's the place to live very cold in winter, very hot in summer.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 11:19 AM

I think the British just love to moan about the weather because it cant argue back....(well not in words to your face !!)
Here in France in the summer you have all the Brits complaining about the heat fanning them selfs and bleating about no rain for the garden.... Yet the same ones then complain when it is cold or raining ...This isnt why we moved to the South of France blah blah.... Poor old weather can never win...OR CAN HE ????? ;0)
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-03-2013, 04:20 PM

The weather is usually the main topic of converstion with us Brits. It is never perfect, it is too hot, too cold, too wet, too windy or too much snow!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 05:39 PM

This about sums it up

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/rhymes/weather.shtml
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 05:52 PM

We are going through a climate change, some call it global warming, but is definitely climate change, what we have experienced over my life, will come round in another century or two, so building of homes to suit the climate you live in isn't really the answer, a good water tight and draught free home, with excellent insulation should be sufficient in any climate.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top