Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 12:06 AM

Re: Have the British ever come to terms with the weather?

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I have spent about 5 hrs today shifting snow, several tons of it, I reckon. Our part of North Wales was particularly badly hit with the white stuff. I have managed to dig out the car and clear enough of our drive so hopefully I can get the car out later this week if the roads are clear. I have done the same for our daughter.
You must have some very big muscles for a lady in her later years, unless of course you have a snow plow You are a card willow.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 08:17 AM

I have spent about 5 hrs today shifting snow, several tons of it, I reckon. Our part of North Wales was particularly badly hit with the white stuff. I have managed to dig out the car and clear enough of our drive so hopefully I can get the car out later this week if the roads are clear. I have done the same for our daughter.
Now all you need to do is clear the road between you and your daughters.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Rubbish, I have never had air con - a well designed house doesn't need it and I certainly don't need central heating just a jumper.
Come over here and say that Bruce matey!!! - although we don't have any snow laying on the ground, we've had snow flurries for the past week and the thermometer on 'Yahoo' currently reads only 1 o C. Walking about in just a jumper you'd freeze to death.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 11:58 AM

Would have been better if your daughter had dug you out Willow - hope you didn't have too far to walk in those terrible conditions either.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-03-2013, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Now all you need to do is clear the road between you and your daughters.
Been working on that too with others.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top