Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 10:01 AM

Re: Histrionic Personality Disorder

I think we all have - and so often I've berated myself for being sucked in yet again! I think they're also known as WUMs.

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Your analogy is spot on, I've had that misfortune of knowing someone just like that .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 10:10 AM

I was taken in too - a lesson well learnt ...
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 10:14 AM

I don't get it?

It's not me is it?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I don't get it?

It's not me is it?
Definitely not you x
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 10:24 AM

See RJ, vindicated.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
I think these people are also known as creeps. They suffer with severe insecurity, low self-esteem and anxiety which seems to manifest itself in jealousy envy and an over-vigilance to status and who is and isn't on top at any one time. Fired by all their personality defects (as above) and in this respect they can be extremely perceptive.
My thoughts exactly Baxter8 and I think it best to ignore this person's annoying traits because it's been found out on three occasions that what this person claims he says to the Manager, or what he says the Manager tells him bears absolutely no truth whatsoever, so he's a WUM or a creep!

Trouble is the manager seems so enamoured by him and obviously does not realise what he actually is!

I've met people like this before, usually women I have to say, and damn near fell for it once without realising just what was happening but I was surprised it's a known syndrome or disorder.

The things you learn eh?

Or as my granny used to say "Oooh the things you see when you haven't got a gun!" stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-02-2014, 04:29 PM

I've noticed the same 'enamoured' .... how - why, do they get away with it, when its so clear to others, what they are and what they stand for !
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 05:08 PM

If there's one thing I've noticed in all the jobs I've had in the UK it's the fact that there's almost always one creep / WUM who the boss thinks is the greatest thing since sliced bread - I'm convinced it's a British Management "thing" Patsy because I've had Dutch, French, Iranian, Arab and American bosses overseas and they never seem to fall for this ploy!

I'm not saying they were all better bosses of course but generally speaking I preferred them - my Arab boss in 1983 treated me like his son!! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-02-2014, 05:13 PM

Yep - I think you have a good point there ....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 06:34 PM

I was in middle management in commerce for 30 years & I found that many of the top management/directors were psychopaths.

They had their own set of rules & in many cases took the view expressed by the ex PResident of the USA, Richard NIxon that they could do anything they wanted to do, because if the President approved of something then it must be OK.

Curiously, in the main they were devoted family men and good company at leisure.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top