Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazziwoz
Lincs, UK
Jazziwoz is female 

18-02-2014, 02:41 PM

Bucket List

Am beginning to compile my bucket list - Things I want to do or see before I die:
1) Auschwitz - why? because I can never comprehend the barbaric nature of man over another human being or animal. All cruelty cases fill me with despair and sadness. Has anyone been?
2) A cruise on the Nile - the appeal of a voyage in a boat named something like 'African Queen' with 20's decor and the wonderful sights of Egypt and the Nile - Whats not to like!!
3) Horse ride through the Grand Canyon - just to be overawed by one of natures wonders in a gentle mode of transport

Anybody else got anything they really want to do before their time's up?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 03:05 PM

Re: Bucket List

Originally Posted by Jazziwoz ->
Am beginning to compile my bucket list - Things I want to do or see before I die:
1) Auschwitz - why? because I can never comprehend the barbaric nature of man over another human being or animal. All cruelty cases fill me with despair and sadness. Has anyone been?
My husband went when he was stationed in Germany with the Army in the early 60s. He said it was a sunny summers day and the silence was absolute, not a bird sang or an insect made a sound.....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 04:00 PM

I went to the "Eagles Nest" in Bavaria, Hitler's hidey hole during the war, and they have a museum devoted to the holocaust there. I had to go out after a few minutes as it was too upsetting.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 04:21 PM

I haven't got a bucket list - I'm not very adventurous.
Yours are fascinating Jazziwoz.
I had a very good Jewish friend who lost family in Auschwitz. She and her dad (who was a survivor) told me enough horror stories, so I haven't the courage to go.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 06:09 PM

Always wanted to go on a cruise, left that too late ....
And, always wanted to visit the Rockies - that would be Heaven, so I'll have to wait for that
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 06:26 PM

I'd like to see Herculaneum and visit the Holy Land some time. Also would like to get to grips with Italian. I'm struggling to learn from a book at the moment (can't get on with the CDs) but it's hard going.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 07:20 PM

I always wanted to go in a hot air balloon ..... done it, flew over the Valley of the Kings in Egypt.

Also wanted to travel in a helicopter ..... done it, took a helicopter trip in Florida.

Another achievement was a trip in a submarine to the bottom of the sea in Barbados, saw a shipwreck on the sea bed.

I've been in a gondola in Venice ..... it's not as romantic as it's made out to be!

The most enjoyable trips were several camel rides in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia. If I see a camel, I must have a ride on it!

To do: I wish I could swim, I would like to ride a horse, I would like to visit the Rockies ...... and that will do me I think!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 08:53 PM

I've got just one thing on my bucket list - to dive with whale sharks.

But I could add a few more - Go to Namibia, learn Spanish, wing walk.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 09:08 PM

Crikey Mags, you've done well
I can swim (just) and dived off a wooden sailing gulet in the Aegean Sea on my 55th birthday .. that's as good as it gets from me.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 09:16 PM

I would love to swim with dolphins.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top