Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 09:32 PM

Re: Bucket List

Done lots of things.. mostly unplanned and unexpected.

Never been to Auschwitz, but I have been round Dachau. It seemed very 'sanitised'.

I've seen the real Santa Claus at the official Post Office on the Arctic circle - but I'd love to go on a sleigh ride pulled by huskies.
What else... I've been on a trip on the Missisippi in a paddle boat and got sunburned. I've hired a small plane to go sight-seeing round Lake Michigan.

I'm not one for making a lot plans - things just seem to happen. I've no idea what will turn up next.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
I would love to swim with dolphins.
I've swum with dolphins! Although it was not as magical as one would imagine.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 09:59 PM

I'd still like the experience though orangutan.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 10:47 PM

After a heavy cold over Christmas a few years ago(almost never catch them) my mother joked "hope you've finished your bucket list"
So
husky pulled sledge(saw them on ski hols)
decent snow mobile trip(did one on ski hol,boring)
Cruise
Northern Lights
See Arctic night
See midnight sun.

60th birthday I crossed the Arctic Circle on a cruise.
2 days later husky sledge ride, that night Northern Lights. Wasn't on my list but last night was spent in a Snowhotel.

Following year, again a cruise, I saw the Lights a few times, saw Arctic night, snow mobile trip cancelled(weather)

Year after on another cruise I got off the ship at one port, driven to a field outside the port, got kitted up, drove a snowmobile around the field and drove over the mountain to the next port to rejoin the ship, stopping twice for the northern lights. Had a few more sightings of the lights including a 1 hour display in the open sea in a force 7 gale.

Want another snowmobile run
Midnight sun.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 10:55 PM

Gosh! that sounds exciting Ron ....I would like to see the Northern Light too.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 10:59 PM

I went with Hurtigruten in February(1st and 3rd cruises) and January for 2nd.
Thoughly enjoyed each cruise, very relaxed(I don't do posh)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 11:06 PM

There seems a lot of Hype one needs to attain, If one was Hyper, One could be in trouble, overload even.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 11:07 PM

I know it sounds silly, but one thing I would like to do before I die is visit a real American ranch!!

My brother in law lives in Texas and he knows somebody who owns one, so maybe I will do just that...

An open stretch of land, a cowboy hat and the hot summer sun in the distance - can you think of anything better?

You never know, I might come out of retirement and become the next Marlboro man!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 11:31 PM

[QUOTE=Mags;417337]Gosh! that sounds exciting Ron ....I would like to see the Northern Light too.[/QUOTE]

Yes, me too Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 11:31 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;417350]
Originally Posted by Mags ->
Gosh! that sounds exciting Ron ....I would like to see the Northern Light too.[/QUOTE]

Yes, me too Mags.
When shall we book up Mups?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top