Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Met Office Forecasts

Lovely dry day yesterday, forecast said today would be all sunshine. Go to garden centre, buy the lawn sand and feed and compost and mulch. Today look out the window, it's tiddling down . Check web site again, still says sunshine . Someone must be having a laugh
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 10:14 AM

Re: Met Office Forecasts

Cheer up Eric the sun may come out later.
Sometimes the forecast is a bit behind or ahead ...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 10:52 AM

Being a 'fair weather gardener' I know how you feel

Our weather should have been sun/cloud this week, I looked again this morning now says cloud and light rain.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 11:16 AM

In my little corner of Ireland we seem to have our own climate at times. Irish forecasters rarely get it right for here, although Sky forecasters seem to be a bit more accurate. But I've mostly given up listening and just wait and see what each day brings.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
In my little corner of Ireland we seem to have our own climate at times. Irish forecasters rarely get it right for here, although Sky forecasters seem to be a bit more accurate. But I've mostly given up listening and just wait and see what each day brings.

Its possible, Ania darlin' that because of the contours of the land around you, you have your own micro-climate which is why the more generalised forecast is often wrong.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 01:36 PM

It was great weather earlier on today, the wife and me took the baby out for a walk in the sunshine, but looking at the satellite weather shots I see a great swirly mass of cloud coming in from the south west of the country.
I am however optimistic for the Spring and Summer this year as the law of averages says all that water we had has to get back into circulation around the globe again and we will indeed have water restrictions all over the place, funny old World ain't it.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 09:56 PM

Had not thought about it before but is the amount of water above, on and below the planet surface a relatively constant amount that just gets redistributed ? When it's in liquid form how many times does it get re-used before vaporising and reforming in the clouds ? Is the water we are using now the same water that the stone age men, ancient Egyptians, those in the Middle ages and the Victorians were all using ? Why does my head hurt ?
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 10:14 PM

I'm a gardener and I use these sites. The first one shows where rain is falling and has history and can be animated to see direction of rain

I find the 2nd site more accurate for forecasts. It can be customised to show forecast near to you
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/wes...?p=accuweather
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
Had not thought about it before but is the amount of water above, on and below the planet surface a relatively constant amount that just gets redistributed ? When it's in liquid form how many times does it get re-used before vaporising and reforming in the clouds ? Is the water we are using now the same water that the stone age men, ancient Egyptians, those in the Middle ages and the Victorians were all using ? Why does my head hurt ?
It's the very same stuff since the beginning of time Eric, no more of it and no less, so the scientists tell us. Looking at a BBC4 program not so long ago and it said the light is also the same light recycling all the time, wish someone would tell the electricity companies that and we'll all get a rebate.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
We are all drinking are ancestors urine.

http://redneckmath.blogspot.co.uk/20...ars-urine.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top