Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 01:02 AM

Re: Why?

Originally Posted by Marki ->
The time i was booked for drinking water from a bottle, would you believe, i was parked up in a pull-in out-side of the corner shop at 06.30 on way to work. I wasn't driving or even had the engine running. The fact that i was sitting in the drivers seat with the keys in the ignition was enough to put me in control of a vehicle. Any amount of protest fell on deaf ears - in-fact one of the coppers said, "its people like you (working) that pay the fines. Needless to say, i was left feeling i had just been robbed/mugged.

Any faith that i had for the police was well and truly out of the window after that.

Good God, how utterly ridiculous. Sounds like he was just looking to find faults to me, or maybe to get a reaction from you so that he could book you for something further.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yep - times have changed alright Marki - too many news items now on coppers doing the wrong thing. I guess its a sign of the times we live in ...

You're right there Patsy. Been a spate of it in the news lately hasn't there. I expect these things have always happened but perhaps they're getting more publicity now. I wouldn't be at all surprised if what we hear about is only the tip of the iceberg too.
GDAD
Sydney Australia
GDAD is male  GDAD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2014, 07:51 PM

I'de only worry if the siren was on & blue light flashing.
then I'de just pull over & hope they go straight past!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top