Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 05:52 PM

Re: GP Telephonists

Booking appointment online would be ideal, our surgery does not give this option.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
We must be the lucky ones, we ring in the morning and can get an appointment the same day, if not with the doctor with the Practice Nurse.

Hubby called in the surgery at 10 am on monday morning and was given an appointment with the doctor for 17.10.
Same with my GP.

He keeps two appointments open at the end of surgery for any case that needs to be seen urgently such as people in pain.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Booking appointment online would be ideal, our surgery does not give this option.
Neither does mine. I asked my pharmacist this question last year, asking when is my surgery going to drag itself into the 21st century. That's when he told me of the change of GPs, the senior one retiring etc.

Still waiting.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2014, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
As a few are aware I have been having a spate of nose bleeds. My blood pressure is high and I am having tests done for that.

I have now got an appointment with him for Wednesday 12th March. I have to keep my fingers crossed now that my nose doesn't bleed whilst away or that they cease altogether, in which case I won't need the appointment!

So many mixed messages. Why don't they all get their act together and sing from the same hymn sheet Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Rant over!

Blimey, if I ring my GP I might have to wait a couple of days for an appointment unless I say it is urgent then she either will fit me in that day or my doctor will visit me during the middle of the day when he does house calls - only if it is urgent and I can't leave the house (only ever happened once).

I never have to tell the receptionist who I am she recognises my voice.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2014, 11:49 AM

Apparently queue was out the door this morning so my husband just didn't wait to make an appointment, not the best queuer in the world my husband LOL

But seriously this means third month in a row he will be doing his own injection of hormones as he has been unable to get a nurse or doctor to do it despite the hospital sending them a letter telling them how important it is he gets it on time and that they must do it for him.

Waiting room is being enlarged according to the plans they posted on the door, and queuing area will be doubled to hopefully avoid people having to wait out side.

Possibly instead of those works they could have engaged another doctor or nurse to alleviate the queues ?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2014, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Blimey, if I ring my GP I might have to wait a couple of days for an appointment unless I say it is urgent then she either will fit me in that day or my doctor will visit me during the middle of the day when he does house calls - only if it is urgent and I can't leave the house (only ever happened once).

I never have to tell the receptionist who I am she recognises my voice.
Your surgery sounds much like ours Bruce, it surprises me sometimes how bad others seem to be though,

Some people also say that "doctors don't do home visits anymore" but clearly that is not so as you and I can confirm.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Your surgery sounds much like ours Bruce, it surprises me sometimes how bad others seem to be though,

Some people also say that "doctors don't do home visits anymore" but clearly that is not so as you and I can confirm.
Mind you, as Bruce is in Australia you can't really extrapolate his experience to UK GPs...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Mind you, as Bruce is in Australia you can't really extrapolate his experience to UK GPs...
So true ours don't even come out to the near dead these days, my neighbour has to be carried to her car and taken to the surgery, few years ago she would have been visited by the GP I am sure.

I am unable to walk at the moment and have to also be carried down the stairs to my wheel chair, no visits for me though I have to struggle to the surgery even for a repeat prescription the other day which I couldn't help think they could have spoken to me on the phone about.

And as I have said my husband looked on line to learn how to give himself his own injections ! That can't be right can it ?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
No, but I can to mine.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 02:14 PM

I suggest you look up the meaning of the word 'extrapolate' Pats. Your last post doesn't make sense

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top