Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 03:05 PM

Re: GP Telephonists

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I suggest you look up the meaning of the word 'extrapolate' Pats. Your last post doesn't make sense
I simply compared his GP surgery to mine.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 03:27 PM

No you used them as a joint example of things being great in the medical service.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No you used them as a joint example of things being great in the medical service.
No I compared Bruce's surgery and the services from said surgery and compared it with mine.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 03:54 PM

But they are in different countries paid for in different ways, you can compare but not say it's all great because both of you have good experiences.

BTW we are thinking of moving in a year or so, when we do I am determined to come to your part of the country we will expect marvellous service and my husband to get his knee and hip replacements, appointments when we need them and generally treated so well we will be singing the praises of the NHS
Pats
Lincolnshire

01-03-2014, 04:04 PM

But they are in different countries paid for in different ways, you can compare but not say it's all great because both of you have good experiences.
Julie..I have never said "it's all great" I have acknowledged over and over again that it is not.
You however seen unable to accept that it can be good and is good in some places.....our GP surgery is one of those places.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-03-2014, 04:22 PM

Which is why we will be moving to your area, we want some of that for ourselves seems a cheaper area to live too !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 05:09 PM

Which is why we will be moving to your area, we want some of that for ourselves seems a cheaper area to live too !

Julie darlin' - move down this way - my experiences of the NHS down here are just as good and I can thoroughly recommend a very good orthopaedic surgeon at Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath - the same surgeon who has given me new hips and knees - a lovely man!!!
Pats
Lincolnshire

01-03-2014, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Julie darlin' - move down this way - my experiences of the NHS down here are just as good and I can thoroughly recommend a very good orthopaedic surgeon at Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath - the same surgeon who has given me new hips and knees - a lovely man!!!
There you go.... you can't beat an unsolicited testimonial.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 05:47 PM

Lincolnshire is deadly flat, though.

Never mind that Pats doesn't seem to understand the difference between extrapolation and comparison , but I must say Julie that the more I hear about your NHS experiences the more I think you really do have one of the worst services in the country. There certainly are some areas that are very badly served, and even in the good areas I think a lot is getting worse.
At the current rate of doctors emigrating due to the dissatisfaction with the government interference that prevents them providing a good service, and GP surgeries that are unable to recruit new doctors because so many no longer want to work for the NHS, I can see Britain struggling to supply even basic medical care in some areas in future.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-03-2014, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Lovely invite UJ but your area is nearly as expensive as ours ! We need a cheaper postcode

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top