Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Re: GP Telephonists

I just can't believe so many people have so many problems with their GPs.

We really do have a good surgery, it seems. Sometimes a couple of days wait for non-emergency appointments, but if you go to the surgery they will fit you in, if you genuinely feel ill.
This has happened a few times for me with the cellulitis.

Our nurse is brilliant too. We can get an appointment quite easily with her.
Coincidentally my daughter was singing the praises of her surgery the other day. My grandson has hormone injections and they bend over backwards for him. She never has a problem getting a same day appointment for her family.
Is it just the luck of the draw?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 06:08 PM

It is, definitely ...
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Lincolnshire is deadly flat, though.
Never mind that Pats doesn't seem to understand the difference between extrapolation and comparison
Wrong on both counts I'm, afraid.

Lincolnshire as well as the Fens has the beautiful Wolds, an area of outstanding natural beauty.

http://www.lincswolds.org.uk/
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I just can't believe so many people have so many problems with their GPs.

We really do have a good surgery, it seems. Sometimes a couple of days wait for non-emergency appointments, but if you go to the surgery they will fit you in, if you genuinely feel ill.
This has happened a few times for me with the cellulitis.

Our nurse is brilliant too. We can get an appointment quite easily with her.
Coincidentally my daughter was singing the praises of her surgery the other day. My grandson has hormone injections and they bend over backwards for him. She never has a problem getting a same day appointment for her family.
Is it just the luck of the draw?
I believe it is dependant on the way GP's manage their budget and how they run their practices Janela.

It can be likened to how hospital managers 'manage' i.e good hospitals and failing hospitals.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 07:11 PM

Ok, lets have a game of semantics, Pats.

"Never mind that Pats doesn't seem to understand the difference" is categorically not wrong. You may or may not know the difference, but you SEEM not to

And I consider the wolds to be pretty flat, too, even if they are supposedly beautiful. I'll rephrase it. Most of Lincolnshire is deadly flat. Better?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 07:15 PM

Have to say it being flat is one of the things we are looking forward to, don't get me wrong we love mountains greatly but wheel chairs etc are much easier on the flat.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 07:19 PM

Actually, yes, Julie, I thought that after posting. It would be better for you. Hope it works out!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I believe it is dependant on the way GP's manage their budget and how they run their practices Janela.

It can be likened to how hospital managers 'manage' i.e good hospitals and failing hospitals.
Good point !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 08:53 PM

Ours has only got bad in the last 18 months or so...
Used to be good!
Pats
Lincolnshire

01-03-2014, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by julie1962 ->
have to say it being flat is one of the things we are looking forward to, don't get me wrong we love mountains greatly but wheel chairs etc are much easier on the flat.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top