Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2014, 09:52 AM

Re: Was that it then?

Old age is no place for sissys'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Old age is no place for sissys'
You see ..... that's something you've learnt !
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 10:44 AM

Better days are coming.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 11:25 AM

Some quotes.

“The best things in life make you sweaty.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Beyond work and love, I would add two other ingredients that give meaning to life. First, to fulfill whatever talents we are born with. However blessed we are by fate with different abilities and strengths, we should try to develop them to the fullest, rather than allow them to atrophy and decay. We all know individuals who did not fulfill the promise they showed in childhood. Many of them became haunted by the image of what they might have become. Instead of blaming fate, I think we should accept ourselves as we are and try to fulfill whatever dreams are within our capability.

Second, we should try to leave the world a better place than when we entered it. As individuals, we can make a difference, whether it is to probe the secrets of Nature, to clean up the environment and work for peace and social justice, or to nurture the inquisitive, vibrant spirit of the young by being a mentor and a guide.”
― Michio Kaku

“The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything is...42!”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

This one always resonated with me.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."

Will i am Shakespeare.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 11:38 AM

Love those quotes Nom - so bloomin true !
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I am in my my 7th decade on this planet & I know only that , I have learned nothing.
Have you a particular phrase or saying which defines you & your attitude to existence?
I find it hard to believe that you can say quite so categorically that you've leaned nothing Robert!

You come across to me as being quite the opposite - c'mon, you must have learned something?!!!

As for me, I learn something new every day but as I grow older it isn't always an immediate "Eureka" moment now - it creeps up you!

Something else always triggers a memory which triggers a recollection and it all falls into place - well that's me anyway! stevmk2
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 11:47 AM

Steve, you are very kind...........
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

01-03-2014, 11:54 AM

This has influenced me in my life "A man's character is his destiny"

Another way of saying What goes around comes around...

Put yet another way..

", work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, "
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 04:53 PM

Live for today as well as possible - There may be no tomorrow...

We've lost SO many friends and family.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-03-2014, 04:56 PM

Cheer up ! I say .......Whats the point otherwise ....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top