Join for free
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 02:32 PM

My Heroes

Just read a great story of a woman who decided to help bullied children, she took a child into her home and more came after. With help from the Council, she moved to bigger premises and now teaches several children there from 9am to 3.30pm, she also gives one to one counselling. The children have blossomed and many pass there GCSE.
She now has a further 3 buildings located in different cities, where this help is given. Her name is Dr, Carrie Herbert and set up the 'Red Balloon Learner Centre.

The other is Dave Fishwick, in his home town up North, there were so many small businesses going under because they couldn't get financial help from the 'banks'.
Outraged at their plight he eventually managed to set up his 'own bank'. What a plight that was, going to Parliament, facing the bankers themselves, all saying cant be done. He persevered though and got it done. He has helped so many businesses - he's just great !

Also a lovely lady, name escapes me, taken by the plight of African children having to walk miles for water, she came up with an idea of a 'roundabout', which meant they could have fun whilst pumping the water ! She packed up and moved out there - what a gal.
There are of course, so many more - my kinda people ....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Re: My Heroes

Good genuine people always restores my faith in the human race Patsy, God knows we have enough of the other sort.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Good genuine people always restores my faith in the human race Patsy, God knows we have enough of the other sort.
I know - I deliberately watch or seek out stories like that, keeps me going ...
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 07:31 PM

These peeps are great and that's part of being human. You always get someone who goes a step further to help. That's how they think humans became the people we are now.
At some point a family or two of the originals were being attacked say by Wolves. They all stood there quivering with fright whilst one of the young
ones was going to be killed for food. At one point one of the crowd stood up and thought no I am not going to allow this and went to the rescue of that child and either pulled the child away or hurt the attacker. The rest
then joined in.
That's how they think that we humans began to stand out amongst all the other animals. Also with the find of fire to cook food we became who
we are now.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-03-2014, 07:34 PM

Like - tick !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 08:48 PM

Lovely stories Patsy!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top