Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Marki
East Midlands -UK
Marki is male  Marki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 12:53 PM

Best place to tell a true story?

Im looking for some advice with reference to telling a true story.

I'm not one for writing a book, (English literature isnt what is ought to be for more than one reason) so are giving much thought to telling the story via a forum where members may want to ask questions, seek clarification etc, as the story develops.

Ive recently started to open up and tell a few friends, who appear to be fascinated, about a period in time where sensibility appeared to go out the window and fear was replaced with insanity. (i think)

During this time i got my into a lot of trouble with the Secret Services for simply getting of my arse and doing something completely unorthodox to help others in dia need. (with great success)

Im not looking for legal advice because there is no legal issues surrounding the subject matter- i'm hoping someone may be able to steer me in the right direction.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 12:56 PM

Re: Best place to tell a true story?

If you want to tell your story here - you can put it in 'Members only' section or discussions .......
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 03:50 PM

Aren't there some magazines around that pay good money for a true story if it is interesting enough? Have a 'google' around and see what turns up.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 03:59 PM

There are - 'Yours' magazine is a good option ......
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Marki ->
Im looking for some advice with reference to telling a true story.
I'm not one for writing a book, (English literature isnt what is ought to be for more than one reason) so are giving much thought to telling the story via a forum where members may want to ask questions, seek clarification etc, as the story develops.
Ive recently started to open up and tell a few friends, who appear to be fascinated, about a period in time where sensibility appeared to go out the window and fear was replaced with insanity. (i think)
During this time i got my into a lot of trouble with the Secret Services for simply getting of my arse and doing something completely unorthodox to help others in dia need. (with great success)
Im not looking for legal advice because there is no legal issues surrounding the subject matter- i'm hoping someone may be able to steer me in the right direction. .
Does indeed sound fascinating Marki - and little like a story I have too.

Mine's a bit different though as mine wasn't to help others but it involved certain clandestine "services" of the Government although at the time I didn't realise it.

I've had a bad experience over mine though so I'd say get good legal advice FIRST. stevmk2
Marki
East Midlands -UK
Marki is male  Marki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 06:36 AM

Thanks guys - I will give serious consideration to using this forum to tell the story. Even though i say so myself, it is a truly fascinating story.

Marki
East Midlands -UK

07-07-2014, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Does indeed sound fascinating Marki - and little like a story I have too.

Mine's a bit different though as mine wasn't to help others but it involved certain clandestine "services" of the Government although at the time I didn't realise it.

I've had a bad experience over mine though so I'd say get good legal advice FIRST. stevmk2
Thanks for your input stevmk2.

The secret services fully investigated the motives after the event with no ill intent or illegalities found. There is one part of the story that may be considered 'dodgy ground' but that part can be skipped around.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 10:24 AM

The secret services fully investigated the motives after the event with no ill intent or illegalities found. There is one part of the story that may be considered 'dodgy ground' but that part can be skipped around.

Write it out and send it to: Julian Assange c/o Eqadorian Embassy London for publication in Wikileaks.
Marki
East Midlands -UK

07-07-2014, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Write it out and send it to: Julian Assange c/o Eqadorian Embassy London for publication in Wikileaks.
Not sure why id want to do something like that tbh.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 12:29 PM

There's your answer matey, if, as you say it's 'dodgy', powers that be will try and stop publication, but if you send it to Wikileaks, they are bound to publish it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top