Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 10:26 PM

Booked B&B for Bournemouth Air Festival

Staying in Swanage, for 5 nights. Wednesday till Monday.

I was determined to go, upset I'm not in my usual hotel with a wonderful view...but with my bus pass (unless I cave in and drive down) I can get where I want to.

On some nights they have night time displays (with lights) and fireworks.

Might treat myself to train this time round, rather than coach. Let's have luxury for a change. And I can always get a taxi from Bournemouth back to Swanage, if I want to stay late. Can't I? Oooh, wonder what that costs...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 10:41 PM

Re: Booked B&B for Bournemouth Air Festival

Well done Jazzi

Bad news is I've just had a quick look via Google and it looks like the taxi fare will be at least £60 .... eeeeek !!!!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 10:58 PM

Yes, I saw it as £50!! There is a late bus - the 50 - but it leaves about 9.40pm, I think. Won't give me time to watch fireworks, but I could see the night time displays.

Trying to look at potential parking. There are park and rides, that are open till later. Still, I have plenty of time to think about it all.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 11:26 PM

Yes I saw the bus time ... what about trains ? Plenty of time to plan anyway 😊
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 11:30 PM

Have a great time.
Pretty jealous.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 11:36 PM

Have a great one
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

05-07-2016, 11:40 PM

The Red Arrows are in Blackpool on 7th August
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 11:53 PM

Oh that's lovely news. I know how much you wanted to go.

You would have a lot more freedom if you took the car Jazzi.
Why don't you want to?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

06-07-2016, 07:04 AM

Morning all.

Carol, I drove to and from Bournemouth once and hated it! Well, coming home it took me 4 hours in the heat and hell, and I was so wound up when getting home I let rip at the bloke who had been outside tinkering on motorbikes all the year, for his selfishness. I apologised months later, and he admitted he'd been inconsiderate.

The journey was horrendous! Maybe I should have used the M25 instead of the A406: the latter, theoretically, should have been more direct and maybe quicker, but sadly it wasn't.

I also need to check out the parking at the hotel. It might be street parking, but without a doubt, roads and car parks in Bournemouth itself will be packed during the 4 days of the air show.

Myrtle, the train doesn't go to Swanage, but I could investigate the closest station.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 09:16 AM

Swanage to Bournemouth is quite a trek Jazz, maybe cheaper to by a good telescope..

My wife's cousin lives in Bournemouth up on the cliffs and they always have a houseful over the air show weekend, never included us though unfortunately..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top