Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 05:23 PM

Re: Alligator kills woman

[QUOTE=shropshiregirl;1495049]
Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I can fully understand giving ones life for a wife or a child, any child, but a pet ? Yeah, sure, I love pets but not enough to die for.[/QE]

Unless one is a dog owner, you will never ever appreciate how much they are as loved as much as a family member. I should imagine that all those unfortunate people who have died attempting to save their beloved dog, didn't at the time think..."well, I love you, but I'm not going to risk my life for you". They would have probably been horrified to see their pet struggling to survive and instinctlvely done everything to save them at the time. Foolish action I know, but as I said above, unless you are a dog owner, it will never be understood why they did what they did with such devastating results.
Shrop, you are so right. My animals meant so much to me, that I put myself in harm's way to save them. Once I tackled a pit bull as he was just about to jump my precious cat. I wrestled him to the ground and I got hurt, but my cat was safe, and the dog owner managed to get him off me, without any serious injuries.....

I would have done the same for my dogs. Now I don't know if I would "give my life". I have never been in that position, so I am not sure what I would do....but I would put myself in harm's way, not really understanding that my life could be in danger. It would probably happen so fast...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 05:25 PM

Re: Alligator kills woman

As an infant I stayed with my Grandparents in India. Coincidentally this was in Kerala which is currently in the news due to the monsoon floods. The Bungalow we stayed in had no ceiling, we looked straight up into the rafters. The bungalow was up on stilts due to the monsoon and snakes used to live in the detritus underneath the bungalow. As snakes are not keen on water, during the monsoon, they climbed the support beams up into and along the rafters. From time to time one of them would 'miss' whilst moving between rafters and would 'plop' down on the floor. These were not grass snakes, but King Cobras like this:

https://search.aol.co.uk/aol/image?q...g&action=click

They were controlled, killed and eaten by the resident Mongoose and the Tiger cub I looked after for a few months.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top