Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Anne
UK
Anne is female  Anne has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 09:58 PM

Bristol Balloon Festival

I know there's some ballooning fans on Catsey so thought I share these pics from today.

The weather was too bad for them to launch but hopefully tomorrow will be better and they'll come over my house.

and I won this on the fun fair, its about 4ft and I had to carry it home. Everyone I passed started singing the Scoobydoo theme tune

Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 10:01 PM

Re: Bristol Balloon Festival

Fantastic! Love the Churchill Balloon.....and Scoobydoo, what do the dogs think of it???
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 10:03 PM

Great pics Anne, I'm glad you posted those as I will miss the Balloon Festival this year........they're amazing up close aren't they

I love Scoobydoo.....lucky so and so!
Anne
UK
Anne is female  Anne has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 10:07 PM

Harvey wants to kill Scooby so its been put away or my Grandson will be getting it in a million bits!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 11:23 PM

Nice photos Anne. I missed our local balloon festival because of thunderstorms. I did make the steam engine outing and enjoyed it dispite the 100 degree temperatures in Oregon.

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 11:54 PM

I'd love to go see the BBF one day! Some good shots there Anne, and well done on winning Scooby! That's Rockys nick name sometimes

Imagine trying to lift one of those steam trains with one of those balloons Bob
Anne
UK

07-08-2009, 08:38 AM

So pleased they all managed to launch after the rotten weather yesterday

Opened my curtains to this earlier, not very good pics as they're through the window, couldn't go out as the dogs go crackers and don't think the neighbours would have appreciated it

dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 09:01 AM

Gorgeous pics and it looks like the weather will be Ok today.

There were a lot of baloons in Stockholm last weekend and they looked wonderful floating above the water. Sadly didn't have the camera with us when we saw them.

My staffie hates balloons too, as did my previous one. Is it just a staffie thing or are lots of dogs wary of them? You can see their point - they creep up silently, sit above your place and then suddenly go "Roaaaaaar" when they fire up
Anne
UK

07-08-2009, 09:19 AM

Mine just see them as giant balls in the sky that are there to be popped
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Thanks so much for posting those great photos Anne. I love HABs - I think they are magical. I went to an evening meeting at Stanstead (just up the road from me) some years ago where the balloons were just fired up. Loved it. My OH took me on a flight for an anniversary surprise over 10 years ago - I had to go and check - can't believe it was that long ago!!! To look out of your window and see all those balloons, I think I'd be behaving like a child, jumping up and down and waving at them!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top