Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:23 PM

To Peel or not to Peel? That is the Question !

Got six for dinner today. Just worked it out that I need to scrape 24 new potatoes. Oh, how I wish I could just scrub them, take out any little blemish I see and pop them into the steamer as we usually do. But no, two of my Gorillas are coming over with daughters-in-law, and I know they are both fussy beggars about their "spuds" being peeled. No doubt the DIL's have learned to do the same over the years and become accustomed to those lads fussy ways..

Are you a potato scraper or serve em in the skins person?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:26 PM

Re: To Peel or not to Peel? That is the Question !

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Got six for dinner today. Just worked it out that I need to scrape 24 new potatoes. Oh, how I wish I could just scrub them, take out any little blemish I see and pop them into the steamer as we usually do. But no, two of my Gorillas are coming over with daughters-in-law, and I know they are both fussy beggars about their "spuds" being peeled. No doubt the DIL's have learned to do the same over the years and become accustomed to those lads fussy ways..

Are you a potato scraper or serve em in the skins person?
Peel NEW potatoes ..... NEVER .....

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:29 PM

I don't peel New potatoes for me, but hubby insists, so a bit of both.
I should put that on the annoying thread.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:31 PM

SG I don't peel new potatoes a scrub with a green pan scourer servers the purpose ...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:41 PM

New potatoes shouldn't be peeled.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 03:38 PM

I always learned, that the goodness was under the skin and that the dark green outer leaves of say, a cabbage are the most nutritious.
I usually scrape new potatoes, if they are easy to scrape. If not, l scrub them and cook them.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 03:51 PM

Never peel new potatoes, just wash them, all the nutrients are in the skin.

By the way Omah those potatoes look yummy with the sprig of Mint on them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 03:52 PM

Tell 'em not to be so ungrateful and get what they're given or send 'em off to McDonald's instead.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 04:08 PM

That pot of potatoes has made me hungry, but not long 'til I have my tea, a Tuscan sausage dish with penne pasta.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Peel NEW potatoes ..... NEVER .....

Exactly - a lot of the goodness is in the skins. You don't peel jacket spuds do you, so why would you peel new potatoes?

T'aint natural.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top