Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 09:07 AM

Re: Do you feel safe?

Yes, living alone has its downsides. I think I'm too old to meet someone new now, and my mental state is such that it would spook me out to constantly have someone else living with me. But I can understand those who have partners and are glad they are not alone.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 09:11 AM

Just wondering ,are you near to your family fFlosse?
I wish I was nearer to mine .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 09:18 AM

Yes I feel perfectly safe in My Home and in the area I've lived in all My Life..I've lived alone since My Youngest Daughter left to get Married, 20 yrs ago,but both Her and My Son just live a 10 min' drive from Me..I visit the largest City in Scotland (Glasgow) regularly,and have never felt unsafe...as long as I'm vigilant and sensible about safety while out and about,locking doors & windows at night,front door during the day,etc',I just go about My Life as I've always done in spite of My great age ..there's nothing to fear but fear itself.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 10:10 AM

I'm safe enough inside my pad, notwithstanding an attempted burglary some years ago through an open window. What the 'thief' didn't know, was that I have one of these:

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/y...9&action=click

Had he got fully into my place I would have employed it either to prod him with the 2" steel spike on the bottom of it, or hit him with the solid brass handle. It would hurt !!! believe me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 10:17 AM

Yes much safer since son of the nutter upstairs was imprisoned , he's got an asbo type thingy bans him from ever coming back to live here. His parents are still there but apart from noise late at night and anonymous letters they keep putting through our door they are easy to cope with.

We are fairly lucky here we have a drive by police twice a day, they seem to use end of our car park to sit and read their papers in.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Yes, I feel safe in the area and in my home.

We get to hear about awful things happening to people and I am quite genuinely affected by the news of them. However, I think this has to be held in balance with the many millions of people living in the country that nothing bad happens to. I hope everyone continues to be one of these millions.

I know it's always possible to be the wrong place at the wrong time but I think this is very much a comparative rarity and it doesn't affect how safe I feel.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was wondering how many members of the forum feel safe in their house, their neighbourhood and doing their day to day activities in the outside world.

I have been feeling a growing sense of menace due to publicity of a lack of policing and an increase in those turning to crime as a lifestyle choice. But is this in proportion to reality?

As we get older do we simply become more aware of our own frailty or is society getting more dangerous?
I can't say that I have ever felt unsafe either in my home or outside it no matter where I have been living.

Perhaps I am just blissfully unaware.

As a senior I feel even safer as part of the generation who, statistically, has the least likely chance of being attacked in the street.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 12:25 PM

Just thinking back a few years we used to wild camp and caravan, I am not sure if it's less safe now than then but I am not sure I'd feel as safe as I used to, but it could just be in my mind rather than in fact.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 02:54 PM

I don't really think about it.
If someone's going to bump me off then my time is up no matter where I am. I don't have anything worth stealing except my pets. I do keep an eye on Dolly if she's in the front garden in case someone snatches her.
I would walk along the road at night alone but not on top the Gorge
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 03:28 PM

Safe .... absolutely, small terraced house in leafy west London. There's a bit of black-on-black knifing going on, handbag snatching by kids on mopeds but I'm streetwise.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top