Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 08:24 PM

Re: Reminiscent of my childhood days

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
Remember raiding the bins looking for ginger bottles get money back on the them; going into the baker shop see if they had any broken biscuits the wee woman always found some; Chip in together so one of us could get into the afternoon matinee they in turn go down to the toilets where the emergency
exit was and let the rest in
; flying down a hill on a boggy with no brakes: climbing trees all types of buildings though I had a slight hiccup I fell through the skylight on the roof good fun: Then came the teen yrs great time to be youg
Haha, that's one of my dads memories he told me about a while back.

I also remember asking the ice cream man for broken cornets, he used to give us some too.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 08:30 PM

I remember the rag and bone man coming round on a horse and cart
RAG & BOOOONE. Sometimes got a goldfish!

I remember also when the electric man used to come empy my mums meter there was always buttons in there and he used to give us the buttons back so we could use them again LOL

Mr Garside the Provvy (Providence) Man, he always used to give me a rileys chocolate toffee

Mr Thomas the insurance man, he had such a kind face and was a lovely man, I was only little but I can remember his kindly face and Mr Garsides cheery face. Ahhhhh God rest their souls
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... and lashings of ginger beer.
What about the box of free cakes, ham and turkey sandwiches and the bags of lettuce?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 11:06 PM

Some folks who could have substantiated a persons transition are no longer here, for better or for worse, that is a concern, no repetition.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 07:39 AM

I remember eating blackberries from the Bush and realise now I must have eaten hundreds of maggots and Wrigley things too. Climbing trees and being a tomboy because I had brothers to keep up with . Out of the house for hours playing never feeling the cold or wet .

Up until age 12 we lived in Aden life was great temperatures so hot our skin burnt crisp . Sand was so hot it burnt our feet so we lived in flip flops. Taking huge salt tablets each day and choking as I tried so hard to swallow them . School started at 7am we were on a school coach with armed guards and thought it was normal . Home at midday then off to the open air pool to swim until 6pm no parents to look after us we looked after each other . Swimming in the walled off Elephant Bay area and The Lido was fenced off every now and again a claxon would go off we would all run out of the sea as the fencing would have been damaged by sharks and we waited impatiently for the soldiers to fix the fence check no sharks in the safe area then we'd run back into the sea. No sun protection as it wasnt invented. Riding camels by ourselves horrible things they would spit in our faces !

Aden was a happy time for us kids . Arriving back home to UK with 6 kids mum had to buy clothes and winter coats for us all as we had nothing warm to wear .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top