Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 12:52 PM

New Police idea

I just had a notification from the local police today, saying they are planning to train 160 local hairdressers and beauty professionals on how to spot signs of domestic abuse.

What do you think about this idea?

Personally, I am not sure if it is such a good idea.
I know lots of ladies talk to their hairdressers about personal things, it's a girl's bit of 'me time' and they relax.
But wouldn't it be fairly obvious if someone was suffering, from their conversation?
Or even more obvious, if the professional spotted something like bruises or wounds?

Maybe I'm wrong, but not sure if the time and money could be better spent?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 01:19 PM

Re: New Police idea

Yet another issue the police are sloping off their shoulders. What exactly DO they want to do?
No, it's a bad idea Mups.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 01:25 PM

The police do not and never have acted quick enough in domestic abuse cases so I cannot see them acting any quicker if a hairdresser or beauty professional reports information.

The cynic in me over this latest plan just sees free hairdos and beauty treatment for the police for services rendered.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 01:27 PM

I think a good idea for the police would be to actually have some. It's been years since we had a bobby on the beat up here.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 02:48 PM

Police, what are they? I only see them when three of them turn up at my door with bad news and I will not even mention how much they cost on my Council Tax!

Well, I almost didn't mention that but changed my mind!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Police, what are they? I only see them when three of them turn up at my door with bad news and I will not even mention how much they cost on my Council Tax!

Well, I almost didn't mention that but changed my mind!
I've seen a cop car just now while I've been out with his blue light on. I let him past at the traffic lights and as I turned left along the same road, I saw him pull into the main police station further up where he parked up and left the car with a police woman. I was in slow-moving traffic right opposite by now and they had what looked like a couple of paper bakery bags in their hands. Obviously they were just nipping out for lunch and getting back faster with their sirens on.
Unbelievable isn't it?!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 03:49 PM

Hi

Loads of Police where I live now.

I don't drive an old Corsa or motorbike with the exhaust missing, wear a Hoodie or gather in Groups outside the shops late at night.

Neither am I to be seen going into the blocks of flats.

Left well alone by them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-11-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Loads of Police where I live now.

I don't drive an old Corsa or motorbike with the exhaust missing, wear a Hoodie or gather in Groups outside the shops late at night.

Neither am I to be seen going into the blocks of flats.

Left well alone by them.
Thing is Swimmy, they don't bother that lot you mention either anymore. They leave their work for the poor security guard standing in Sainsbury's Local doorway.

But if some 18-y.o. lad at 11.30pm on a Friday night is caught short and decides to take a discreet leak down a darkened alleyway you can bet that with two seconds half the entire city centre police force are there in force. Six riot vans, dogs, helicoper, the works.

Poor lad ends up with six months Community Service repainting litter bins, loses his job at the tyre fitters, gets disowned by his own grandma and ends up being threatened by time in 'the hole' if he dares to drink a lager top ever again.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 06:51 PM

Hmmm sounds a waste of money to me Mups . Surely this is just common sense , we know what bruises look like . Listening and looking would surely make any of us suggest to the victim about getting help . I dont think courses are necessary .

Once upon a time it was called " a domestic " and no one would help but I do believe there is much more help available now and so it should be
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Hmmm sounds a waste of money to me Mups . Surely this is just common sense , we know what bruises look like . Listening and looking would surely make any of us suggest to the victim about getting help . I dont think courses are necessary .

Once upon a time it was called " a domestic " and no one would help but I do believe there is much more help available now and so it should be

Yes, I entirely agree, Susan.

I also read an article the other day about an increasing number of women being killed, then the bloke pleads it was an accident and they were just having ' rough sex.'
Some men are using 'rough sex' as a get-out for murder.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top