Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 01:39 AM

Re: What a win – no problems ever for these two!

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Like What?
Like what?..Well this is what I'd do. Firstly I would try to talk my wife into retiring early and stop being such a workaholic. I would put a sum away to make sure my family is secure and comfortable for the future. Then the following.

1. Travel. I would travel with my wife and son to every continent and go to all the places I have never been. Meet the people, see the history, walk the streets of cities thousands of years old. Maybe learn some new languages and sample the amazing food and culture.

2. Build 2 amazing houses. One for my wife and I and one for our son - not necessarily big or ostentatious - in the beautiful Australian bush. Houses that fit with it's environment and use renewable energy. And are fire and flood safe. And mine has it's own recording studio.

3. Pay off all the mortgages of the younger members of my extended family, some of whom are really struggling right now.

4. Pay for my son to start his own business.

5. I would start a project to build housing for homeless people. I hate that in an Alpha + city like this you can still see people - and families- living on the street. It's obscene.

6. I would also make emergency housing for victims of domestic violence.

As for the rest I would donate it to charity and for wildlife welfare.

Howzat?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 10:21 AM

Looks good to me Keezoy!!

Can you imagine being able to transform people's lives ... what fun telling the kids....I would ring them all solemn and say I want to tell them something important as if it was bad news......then yipeeee!!!

We have won the lottery!!

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 11:03 AM

I would give every penny away to my daughter and two granddaughters...I've always had enough money to do what I want, and if I haven't done it, it's probably not because I couldn't afford it....In fact, I don't even do the lottery and never will.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Like what?..Well this is what I'd do. Firstly I would try to talk my wife into retiring early and stop being such a workaholic. I would put a sum away to make sure my family is secure and comfortable for the future. Then the following.

1. Travel. I would travel with my wife and son to every continent and go to all the places I have never been. Meet the people, see the history, walk the streets of cities thousands of years old. Maybe learn some new languages and sample the amazing food and culture.

2. Build 2 amazing houses. One for my wife and I and one for our son - not necessarily big or ostentatious - in the beautiful Australian bush. Houses that fit with it's environment and use renewable energy. And are fire and flood safe. And mine has it's own recording studio.

3. Pay off all the mortgages of the younger members of my extended family, some of whom are really struggling right now.

5. I would start a project to build housing for homeless people. I hate that in an Alpha + city like this you can still see people - and families- living on the street. It's obscene.

Howzat?

Not bad, I'd demand to see it all in actual notes, just to make sure it really exists, then, I buy a Supadoopa Vault, stash it all in there, employ highly paid Security Guards, then make random audits, to make sure all balanced with my Spreadsheet.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 12:32 PM

I know Adrian Bayford who won 148 million on the Euromillions a few years ago. He used to have the music shop on the High Street in Haverhill with his wife Gillian and I used to have a good chat with him on a Saturday when I was out and about.

They say money doesn't change people ... yeah right Since he won all that money, he has become a complete tw*t and taken advantage of a lot of people in his own hometown. I saw him about a year ago and spoke to him but he was a totally different person and I wish I hadn't have wasted my time to be honest. I'm not jealous of him one bit, I'm not exactly short of cash myself but when you are lucky enough to win that kind of money, there is a lot of positive things you can do and promises you can make. Unfortunately for some people, those promises are soon short lived and the money becomes more important than people.

I hope this guy who has just won the 105 million uses the money wisely and remembers where he comes from and who helped him on the way up.

Good luck to him anyway, he seems like a decent sort of bloke
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->

Howzat?
What would you do with the other £90M
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What would you do with the other £90M
Why, give it to us on OFF of course, so we could share in your good fortune!

Keezoy could invite us all over to his place so that we could share that Australian sunshine!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 06:08 PM

Isn't it wonderful! I really love it when someone 'ordinary and hard-working' wins the Euro Lottery, (especially if it is a UK winner). I'm sure it's something we all dream about, unfortunately, not much chance of me ever winning as HWMO and I gave up doing the Lottery many years ago.

I wish this couple and their three children all the best for the future. They seem like a very nice family.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Why, give it to us on OFF of course, so we could share in your good fortune!

Keezoy could invite us all over to his place so that we could share that Australian sunshine!
Yes OFF could have a lazy few mil. Why not!. And mate I don't need to win a squillion bucks to invite you over for a barbie. You're invited now. I think there's a few spare steaks in the freezer and if you prefer seafood we've got the biggest ocean on the planet just a click away. We can go fishing as well!.. But I'd leave it until Autumn. There will still be plenty of sunshine but not too hot and the bushfires and smoke might have eased a bit by then. The other $90?..Oh I'm sure I'd find a use for it if I gave it some thought.

(PS. I don't have a pounds Sterling key on my board. )
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 03:16 AM

Never 8n a million years would I go public with a lottery win. I couldn't deal with the begging and hardship letters.

Of course it would change our lives, we.d retire for a start then see our family looked after. If I had that sort of money i.d see my friends right too! Get in line, first come first served lol

Ahhhh to dream of making other people happy is a wonderful dream indeed

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top