Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 08:58 AM

Netflix 'reactivated' users accounts

Be warned – more 'no-good' criminals find ways to get money to which they are not entitled!

"Former Netflix customers who cancelled their subscription months ago have had their accounts reactivated without their consent.

BBC Radio 4's You & Yours programme has learned that criminals can log in to dormant accounts and reactivate them without knowing users' bank details.

The video streaming service wants it to be easy for customers to rejoin."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50571832
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 09:28 AM

Re: Netflix 'reactivated' users accounts

The internet is like a great big candy shop for sweet toothed lowlives really isn't it? There is not one tiny little corner of the great cesspit that they haven't slithered into. We used to be able to just stay away from it but now you are forced to use it. I would be just as happy to go down to my local video shop and browse for a good movie on a Friday night. You usually would meet one of your neighbours. Have a chat, maybe even organise an impromptu dinner and movie night. The kids would play. The adults would have a drink and a laugh and have a jolly movie night. Ah the old days. Don't use you miss them?..God I do.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
The internet is like a great big candy shop for sweet toothed lowlives really isn't it? There is not one tiny little corner of the great cesspit that they haven't slithered into. We used to be able to just stay away from it but now you are forced to use it. I would be just as happy to go down to my local video shop and browse for a good movie on a Friday night. You usually would meet one of your neighbours. Have a chat, maybe even organise an impromptu dinner and movie night. The kids would play. The adults would have a drink and a laugh and have a jolly movie night. Ah the old days. Don't use you miss them?..God I do.

Times have definitely changed, not for the better either from what I regularly see happening!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 10:11 AM

We wouldn't all be here if it were not for WWW wonder what we would be doing instead.....knitting maybe Some of you would be up to no good.....no names
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 10:34 AM

Not interested in subscription services and hardly watch TV.

Endless repeats, formulaic drama, the few light entertainment shows ruined by in your face presenters, political correct fakeness. TV is running out of ideas, shows have stopped being believable. Not prepared to pay any more than the licence fee.
Baz46

28-11-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Endless repeats, formulaic drama, the few light entertainment shows ruined by in your face presenters, political correct fakeness. TV is running out of ideas, shows have stopped being believable. Not prepared to pay any more than the licence fee.
That all sounds just like the television programmes we mostly have nowadays. Your sentiments are almost exactly the same as mine too!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I use Netflicks and over all, I think its pretty good and worth the money but I do miss popping down to the local DVD shop. Unfortunately, DVD shops have all but disappeared here since Blockbuster's demise. I do wonder if there was a master plan to close them all so that streaming could take over.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
That all sounds just like the television programmes we mostly have nowadays. Your sentiments are almost exactly the same as mine too!
Mine, too …..
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 04:19 PM

It was reported on our news last night that 3 out of 4 websites being created now are scam sites. Fraud is everywhere. The best rule of thumb is to never follow links that mention anything about problems with payments, and to always use a third party payment system like Paypal rather than credit cards.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 06:57 PM

It's quite scary isn't it? Thankfully, not one of those unlucky peope who cancelled their Netflix subscription.

Love Netflix though, just finished watching ''The Crown'', "Ozark" and ''Grace & Frankie''. Lots more series I want to see as it's Winter, dark and dismal outside, and television is rubbish as usual.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top